Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be nice if this forum had a "maintenance and accessory log" to keep track of oil changes ..air filters.. and the many other things we do and add on to our bikes ..it sure makes it easy to know at what milage and date you did the last changes and see what other people are doing to there bikes.. another plus is if you ever go to sell all you would have to do is give them the link to look at ..just wondered what people thought of the idea

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
PM Sent

I have an excel file that I can send to you via e-mail. Send me an e-mail and I will attach it and reply to your e-mail.

I thought I could just reply to you question on the forum and attach it, but the new forum won't allow for a .xls attachment. Also I didn't see a way to attach a file usin the PM

I copied off this forum a couple of years ago and it is great for keeping track of everything

Dave

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,286 Posts
In every one of my vehicles I keep a recipe/index card that logs mileage, date, what was done. I keep it in the ziploc with my insurance and registration. Makes it very easy to see how many miles are on the tires, oil, ...

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
In every one of my vehicles I keep a recipe/index card that logs mileage, date, what was done. I keep it in the ziploc with my insurance and registration. Makes it very easy to see how many miles are on the tires, oil, ...
The KISS method works well every time.
Small, hand size spiral notebook keeps track of mileage and maintainence.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Well, someone is going to make a plug-in module that does this stuff automatically sooner or later. Surprised it aint out there yet. 1800's are computer-controlled aren't they? Doesn't Hyperspeed make a computer for them? Maybe an interface between plugs to pull data to a dedicated chip.

Maybe even wirelessly transmit the data to your home network.

Yeah, maybe start it up at a preset temperature or other triggering event.

Could probably trigger a solenoid valve at a predertimined mileage to dump its own oil for the now due oil-change.

Now, if we could just get it to change its own filter...

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Yep, that's what I do as well.

In the days I was a trooper, I kept a real white cardboard double sided form folded that showed it all in catagories, a Sgt. made them years ago. Dummy me retired with none in hand.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,286 Posts
I always get cut/poked by the end of the wire.
:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Well, someone is going to make a plug-in module that does this stuff automatically sooner or later. Surprised it aint out there yet. 1800's are computer-controlled aren't they? Doesn't Hyperspeed make a computer for them? Maybe an interface between plugs to pull data to a dedicated chip.

Maybe even wirelessly transmit the data to your home network.

Yeah, maybe start it up at a preset temperature or other triggering event.

Could probably trigger a solenoid valve at a predertimined mileage to dump its own oil for the now due oil-change.

Now, if we could just get it to change its own filter...

I am looking forward to that day. My truck already does it form of telling me when it is time for oil and filters, love it...

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

I write the information in the blank pages in my owners manual. I also keep all receipts for everything I buy for the Wing, write the mileage when installed on them and keep in a three ring binder. Also in there are "how to" articles from this and other sites.

As found out when this site "switched" sometimes you could "lose" some of your favorite bookmarks.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I've a new Honda Civic that has computer control of most things. Has an information display that monitors most engine functions. Lets me know when the service life of the oil is due to end (pre-programmed by Honda). Gives me advanced warning for the up-coming oil change. Being a lease, it is set at 5K miles.

Other Forums associated with 9th generation Civics are hard at work on hacking the cars information systems. These guys will successfully hack the computers in the new Civics, ...no doubt in my mind. The aftermarket will see various ancillary sub-systems meant to tie into the factory Honda computers.

As with the computer in front of us now (or phone), it uses a Graphical User Interface. Same as the information display in the Civic, a GUI.

Just a matter of time before something happens with the 1800's.
All it will take is someone having enough interest in doing it to get it done.
...the money is there for the aftermarket. Some kid is going to realize that...

And then, "SHA-ZAMMM!" .... "It LIVES!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.