Premium Member
325 Posts
imported post

PM sent

·
Premium Member
12,739 Posts
imported post

I installed one of the " Mohawk " original braces a year ago . I have been quite happy with the added stiffness of the forks .

Thanks again to Mohawk for his time and efforts of posting the measurements and detailed install directions .

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
imported post

Is there any more info about this brace fitting a GL1200i???

If they fit the GL1200i can I still get one??? :praying:

Thanks, very interesting but I do not have the skills or milling machines to do this type of work.

MikeA

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
imported post

Sorry, I don't know if it will really just bolt on.

There was somebody at NASSIR 3 that took one of my braces and put it up to his 1200 and said it would fit. But I know he did not bolt it on. Just held it over the bolts.

The design of the plate is such that you don't want any slop around the bolts or it will move and allow flex.

Your best bet is to post a question on the forum asking if anybody knows if the plate will fit your bike.

I wish I could remember who it was that test fit the plate. I can picture him but don't remember his name. I met so many people that day in the couple hours I was there that they all blended together.

Plus I suck at names. Indian thing I guess, I always tag people with a nickname. grin

Good Luck,

C Ya

Mohawk

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
imported post

OHHH, And if I EVER get a spare few minutes and I clean my shop I may have one or two plates still there.

I will let you know.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
imported post

Thanks Mohawk

Can't ask for more than that. Are you still making them?

Any how get busy and do some spring cleaning in that shop:ROFL:

Thanks again,

MikeA

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.