Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband and I have a 2008 Goldwing, I believe an 1800. Ok,Ok, i am sure that just tipped you off. I am a girl, and know very little about mechanics.
here's my problem, I purchased a magnetic cup holder for my husbands bike. I didnt realize when I ordered, that there is very little metal on these bikes. The seller did offer to refund if it doesnt work. I am hoping there might be some kind of easy modification to get this to work. i mentioned about maybe putting metal on the underside of the tank shroud so it would stick, but hubby said they werent easy to get off.

are there any creative geniuses out there with some simple ideas? We have been looking for ages for a front holder that will hold a 32 oz Mcd's cup. I liked the way this one could be conveniently located and easily removed when not in use.
Tammy

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Welcome Tammy from Michigan and hope you'll stick around after you get the cup holder situation worked out.

I can't think of an easy solution that wouldn't look ugly but if you could post a picture of the cup holder or maybe a link we might be able to come up with a solution.

Best wishes,
Steve

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:tammyinwv

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
This is probably not the answer you are hoping for but my advice is to get your refund and purchase him a 'Butler cup' brand cup and holder. Yes it is black and plastic, but of all the various cup holders on the market, many of which I have tried and have still, this is the one that really works like they all should.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But I have seen pics of the one large enough to hold a 32 oz cup and it looks huge on the bike. But I have read some good comments on it.
tammy

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This will hold the McDs cups

http://www.goldwingonline.com/products/Goldwing_Kruzer_Kaddy_Driver_Drink_Holder-723-59.html

BUT......An insulated cup will keep the coffee hotter longer on the road in the cold temps.
see thats the problem I have been having. I went to this link and it doesnt say what size cups it will hold. Thanks for that info. we arent coffee drinkers, and mostly get the Mcd's 32 tea in the styrofoam cups. I asume I can just put this cup right into it.
Tammy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Tammy from Michigan and hope you'll stick around after you get the cup holder situation worked out.

I can't think of an easy solution that wouldn't look ugly but if you could post a picture of the cup holder or maybe a link we might be able to come up with a solution.

Best wishes,
Steve
here is what I bought. It seems to be well made, I like that it is removable
http://www.magnificent-ma.com/
Tammy

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Welcoem to the forum Tammy. Beware those magnetic cups. Even if you can get it to stick to the 1800 panel, they are inclined to scratch the paint. I suggest returning it and buying a Butler instead.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
see thats the problem I have been having. I went to this link and it doesnt say what size cups it will hold. Thanks for that info. we arent coffee drinkers, and mostly get the Mcd's 32 tea in the styrofoam cups. I asume I can just put this cup right into it.
Tammy
I haven't tried the fit so can't verify the fit.

I'm a tea toadler too, but use an insulated travel mug and transfer the drink into it, hot or cold and it has a handle on it too. I had the Kuryakan on my 83 but my 1500 has a strap and hook system that is no longer available.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You could call Wingstuff or Cyclemax and they might try the fit for you before shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.