Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a 1985 goldwing aspencade l.e. the stator was supposed to be out but after checking it out it seems to be ok but it seems to have started making oil I know it's not really but my oil level has increased and is now at the top of the check tube help.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
First, lets get the model straight. Do you mean LTD, the gold, fuel injected model?

High oil level on the fours is usually a sign of fuel leaking, through the carbs, into the crankcase. Never heard of an injected model doing that, but...

Anyway, the fuel smell should be obvious if you open the filler cap and sniff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey fellows I'm not a paid mec. As you would say the bike started like thins I'm going start. When we got home fine. The stator was supposed to be bad checked it checked out good hadn't been run in a couple. Checked the oil it was a little high.so we busted it off after the warm up. Checked again.pulled. the dip stick the. Wholetube was level fuel of oil afoul gas smile no milky nasty water swirls jus oil alot of oil where could it come from and how.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No u wasn't paying attention I said it did not ha a nasty smell of as and was not :milky so help me tell me where or how.m

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
check your gas level and water level. See which goes down and you have your answer. Unless you pissed into it.
Me not mec either

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
Come on fellas, take it easy, itcler the fella the prob has communting.

I typed a reply earlier, but deleted it before posting because I'm just not sure what he's talking about, or he's a banned member being purposely obtuse. :unsure:

If the oil is overflowing without oil having been added, it's either fuel or coolant.

If coolant drips into the sump slowly enough, it will settle to the bottom and push the oil up and out, without making the oil milky. Running the bike will show that problem quickly enough, and put a hurt on moving parts as the water provides no lubrication.

If it's fuel, it will more readily mix with the oil and should smell like fuel.

I suggest draining the oil from the bike. Leave the drain plug out. Check the fuel tank and the radiator coolant levels. Top them off if necessary, then watch the drain hole - if it's filling as fast as you say, you'll see fuel or coolant coming out soon enough.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
Hey Bull, you need to simplify and proof read your work before you post.
We're having a tough time making sense of it.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
His first post was a lot more readable. Gas in the oil is not an uncommon issue the the fours so I'd hate to ban him if he really needs some help.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Hey fellows I'm not a paid mec. As you would say the bike started like thins I'm going start. When we got home fine. The stator was supposed to be bad checked it checked out good hadn't been run in a couple. Checked the oil it was a little high.so we busted it off after the warm up. Checked again.pulled. the dip stick the. Wholetube was level fuel of oil afoul gas smile no milky nasty water swirls jus oil alot of oil where could it come from and how.
You do know that to check oil you put the bike on the center stand (not side stand), then unscrew the dip stick, pull it out & wipe clean, then reinsert but do not thread it in. Just insert until threads meat, then pull it out & read level.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
English may not be his native language.
He is using a Broadband Permanent IP address from:
Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County, Kenya

Perhaps, and my apologies if that's true, but if I was a banned member with the mentality of a 13 year old, I'd be using a VPN too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts