Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Damn it guys I'm excited, I know this is trivial, but I don't have a garage yet so I been keeping my bike under cover, my tool box in the computer room along with my air compressor and many other tools I have. I just purchased a mancave for the wing and my stuff. won't have to worry about the weather anymore. I already have the perfect concrete pad to put it on. wait, wait, ....I think I'm gonna pee on my self:D

It's 10' by 17' that should be plenty to keep my bike goody's in for now. Next year I will be building my garage.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

10x17 is plenty of room as long as you keep the wife away from it!!
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
What brand and how much? Got a link?

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

I keep, work on and do all maintenance in a 10 X 14 Arrow metal shed. I even completely disasembled and rebuilt a 450 nighthawk in it. It can get a little tight in there but that is because I like to keep stuff that I know one day I will need. It can get a little cold in there too for the winter projects and maintenance. I've been saying "I'll build a garage next year" for 5-6 years now. My shed is compete with wiring and lighting, ( an extension cord and two droplights).:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Well done !!

Oh yes I do love my garage. 20ft x 13ft and a nice big lock with just the one key !!!:D

E

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
10x17 is plenty of room as long as you keep the wife away from it!!
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
What brand and how much? Got a link?
you got the idea Bagmaster, it's an Arrow and you can find it online at home depot, in the outdoor storage. I just wonder if the steel sidewalls will be strong enough for me to hang my hammock, you know on the bad nights she's not feeling good(355 days in a hammock, oh my aching back).:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Gosh I love my 24 X 28 woodstove heated man cave :tongue:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

OK Knucklebucket, this is good, real good. Now you are going to need to run power out to it. Also, with a little fore thought you can get all necessities in there as well. You'll need a tv at the far end, a flat screen would be the best to conserve space. Ride the bik in facing the far end and you can use it as a custom fit lay-z-boy, have the remote hanging form a cord to it's always at hand. Build the mini-fridge into one of the workbenches. Oh, by the way you can get small, yet powerful mini-speakers placed into the corners for the surround sound.

Heating and air conditioning may seem like optional luxouries, but they are needed to keep your mind sharp as your working on sweetness. Dont' worry about windows until you have placement of all equipment set, and under NO conditions allow the wife to install curtains or flower boxes.

Yes, this is beginning of a true mancave, congratulations and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Oh Yes:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

knucklebucket, you dont need a window, you wont be looking out of it when the bikes in, suppose it might be useful for light i guess.

My garage is about 15 feet by 9 feet, only small but it makes a real diference, enjoy it

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

We have built the Man/Woman cave and we love it. It is a 14x16' shed with no windows.......therefore no need of "curtains"....:D:D Also we have power going to it with a tool bench and a mini refridgerator for some "cool ones". We have a stereo for some tunes. We have had a computer in there in the past, but this year we plan on putting cable to it so we can have a T.V. in there too.:cool: This shed can hold 4 - 5 bikes maxium, but 3 very comfortably. Notice the other 8x10' shed to the side which holds one bike comfortable with garden tools etc., and can hold 2 bikes if necessary. These are our shed/garages, since we can't build a garage due to underground gas lines. STill it's great and we have no issues.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Here's an insider's view of the 14x16'. The walls of my shed look somewhat different now since they are now full of license plates from some of our "famous Goldwing rider members" on the wall when I was just begining my "famous" collection...:D:waving:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/47552.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

ooh that's too cool Jennifer, I gotta find my pics to get them ready to hang up.( fridge, hammock, stereo, tv, shower...well I know I can't put a shower in but it's fun thinking about how I'm gonna lay it out.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Out...standing. Got to have a getaway with the wing fully protected.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Knucklebucket wrote:
ooh that's too cool Jennifer, I gotta find my pics to get them ready to hang up.( fridge, hammock, stereo, tv, shower...well I know I can't put a shower in but it's fun thinking about how I'm gonna lay it out.
Hey Knucklebucket...GET SERIOUS !!.....make certain you leave enough room at the back wall to cut out a small 2' x 6' door that opens out to a Hot Tub AND a 10' x 16' Sun Deck with retractable awning cover (for the rainy days).

Nooowwww "THAT" would be s-w-e-e-t !!1 :cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I'm goin on 6 years in my shop/mancave. I had to build a garage big enough to run my furniture restoration buisness in. I got my plans from 84 Lumber.The company will supply all your materials delivered to your site.Mine is 36'x24' with an 8' cieling. I insulated the bejezzus out of it and mounted a through the wall heat pump. My air compressor is inside, which I may move to a small outdoor closet cause it's noisy. I wired in an extra 220VAC outlet for welding. I get in serious hot water all the time, cause I spend too much time out there after working in there all day!! The 84 Lumber kit was the ticket.After the concrete was done, my little brother and I built it in about 10 weeks.I still wish I would have gone bigger! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Well, I am peeing my pants for you!!! I know how nice that can be. I had my 1400 intruder, the wifes 800 intruder and an 81 dressed Wing in my 10X12vinyl shed with no room for anything else.If I wanted towork on my project bike, a 76 Goldwing, Istayed out in the cold, under the carport of my mobile home. I lived there 9 years, 6 of that before I met my wife. I had a few projects, winter and summer. I did bodywork and primed my 79 Caprice, rebuilt a couple Bikes, and Built a Modified sidecar for my brothers wheelchair, among other welding/fixit projects. It got quite cold at times, and trying to keep the blowing snow from under the carport, what a PITA!!! At least there was some shade there about the second half of the day!! I now have a garage at the house we rent. Barely big enough to put two small cars in,one side is MINE, ALL MINE, the other side has the wifes car in it, unless she is out of town for work.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

wow, man cave, ive never heard a garage referred to as a man cave, but ill tell ya what: I LOVE IT! and i guess i had the right idea when my wife and i decided to buy a house and i demanded the biggest garage that could possibly be built on my property. i asked them and they said a 30 by 30 will fit just fine, so i said go for it. so my man cave has my wing, her suzuki, my sons crotch rocket, and my buddys valkyrie, and my truck ,and my car..no windows, but she did by me a torpedo heater that will heat it up in there in a heartbeat. and of course she bot me a boom box so i can hook up my i pod and rock out while i polish and clean. :action:my man cave(i love it) is great!................ heres something for all of you to remember......THE WORLD IS FULL OF KINGS AND QUEENS WHO BLIND YOUR EYES AND STEAL YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!.................rick

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
imported post

I got to have my man cave built last summer/late.

Its a 24x32x10. I love the 10ft walls, make it feel so much larger inside. Wish I had the cash to built a little larger though.

My son helping me insulate:

One of these day I'll get pic's up of how it looks now.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

"THE WORLD IS FULL OF KINGS AND QUEENS WHO BLIND YOUR EYES AND STEAL YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!................. IT'S HEAVEN AND HELL OH YEA!!!!!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

ronnie james dio, ONE OF THE GREATEST!!!!........rick:18blue:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.