Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Can some one please tell me what the word " Mana" means, when it is used here in the profiles. I know what it is in scriptures, is it close to that?

LLF

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yes, very close. Unfortunately that unscrupulous fellow from Ireland the much feared Axeman now known by the nom de guerre 'Wexy' has been short circuiting the stuff from those who truly deserve it. Twice I have been honored to have four barrels of the stuff and twice two barrels were stolen. After much discussion and investigation, REDWING our fearless and forthright member has pretty well nailed down the insidious behavior of the afore, afore REDWING that is, named person. It's been a well known rumor on the forum that if you want mana you need to send a manila envelope to the Axe with a check of a suitable amount or a pile of cash in the requisite thickness to his headquarters on the shady side of the law. Normally I don't grant mana to anyone with less than 100 postings on the site, but since you asked I'm going to try to send you two barrels of the stuff. Treat it like the valuable commodity it is and guard it well or you may find it filched.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

I too, have seen fit to "add mana". Now, just you watch...Wexy/Wexman/Axeman will...ahem....appropriate them? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

:shock::shock:Oh no!!!! The "M" word!!!!!!!!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
imported post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana Although, it also stands for the Midwifes Alliance of North America, a group whose "goal is to unify and strengthen the profession of midwifery, thereby improving the quality of health care for women, babies, and communities." Not sure how that relates to Goldwings, butwhatever.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Yes, very close. Unfortunately that unscrupulous fellow from Ireland the much feared Axeman now known by the nom de guerre 'Wexy' has been short circuiting the stuff from those who truly deserve it. Twice I have been honored to have four barrels of the stuff and twice two barrels were stolen. After much discussion and investigation, REDWING our fearless and forthright member has pretty well nailed down the insidious behavior of the afore, afore REDWING that is, named person. It's been a well known rumor on the forum that if you want mana you need to send a manila envelope to the Axe with a check of a suitable amount or a pile of cash in the requisite thickness to his headquarters on the shady side of the law. Normally I don't grant mana to anyone with less than 100 postings on the site, but since you asked I'm going to try to send you two barrels of the stuff. Treat it like the valuable commodity it is and guard it well or you may find it filched.
:baffled: HUH??? :baffled: :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

(Now I feel sorta bad...I've always believed Redwing's role was more 'perpetrator' and less 'detective'!!! Shame, shame on me!!! :cooldevil: )

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Oh Noooooooooooo Not the dreaded "M" word thread.......:D:dude::dude:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Would this be a good time to ask about deer alerts? :D

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Mana?
Where?
Can I have some? Please, please, please, please, please?
ManaManaManaManaManaManaManaMana
Please, mana, please, mana, please, mana, please, mana?

MANA, OH WONDERFUL MANA!

Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

(pant, pant, pant)
:crying: :crying:
Please, please, please, please, please?

:D :action::clapper::dude::doh::cheeky1::shock: :cooldevil::15white::):eek:;):dance::cooldj::banana::cooler::smiler::whip::baffled::(:X:boo:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Ok, since no one has actually answered your question yet, mana is meant to be sort of a reward system for good deeds, help, etc. In other words, if someone assists you, in some way, such as answering a question, you would then give them mana.

The little green barrels are supposed to accumulate to indicate how much a person has received.
There are "bugs" in the system though.In most cases, the system won't show over 1 1/2 barrels. So just about everyone on the board has 1 1/2.

But every so oftensomeonehas more, so there is lots of joking on the board about how bribery must be involved.

Occasionally you will see a newbie that only has one or two posts, and they have all 4 barrels, so everybody wonderswhat happened there.

It's all in fun though.

Now since I answered the question so nicely, I think everyone should give me mana so that we can see if I can break the 1 1/2 barrel barrier. :action::action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Look here Wolfman... the great mana conspiracy is no joke!!:whip::whip::whip:

Furthermore it certainly ain't all in fun... It's a freaking, disgusting bit of chicanery! :whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

If it weren't for the Irish mafia run by a nefarious nabob from County Wexford we'd all have a chance of earning the requisite mana as determined from the usefulness of our responses to queries and to the exquisite cleverness of our rubbish postings.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I am a "newbie" as you "fellers" so often refer to "us" and have noticed a high degree of

sarcasm

that appears to "ooze" from a few of you Select Founding "non-newbies"and you seem to only have amere droplet of

patience

when it comes to us asking questions that most likely have been asked before on previous threads. I must say that I am going to

fit in here

just fine!!!

To all you "non-newbies". May Mana rainon your parade.;)

:?huh ? what did I say ?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

YA WANT MANA ??????:shock::shock::shock::shock:

THEN ......SHOW ME THE MONEY :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

AINT NUTTIN FER NUTTIN IN THIS LIFE :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
YA WANT MANA ??????:shock::shock::shock::shock:

THEN ......SHOW ME THE MONEY :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

AINT NUTTIN FER NUTTIN IN THIS LIFE :cheeky1::cheeky1:
What's that, Wexy, about NUTTERS? :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
I am a "newbie" as you "fellers" so often refer to "us" and have noticed a high degree of
sarcasm
that appears to "ooze" from a few of you Select Founding "non-newbies"and you seem to only have amere droplet of
patience
when it comes to us asking questions that most likely have been asked before on previous threads. I must say that I am going to
fit in here
just fine!!!
To all you "non-newbies". May Mana rainon your parade.;)

:?huh ? what did I say ?
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Yes, I think you will fit in just fine.

Mana to you!

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Look here Wolfman... the great mana conspiracy is no joke!!:whip::whip::whip:

Furthermore it certainly ain't all in fun... It's a freaking, disgusting bit of chicanery! :whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

If it weren't for the Irish mafia run by a nefarious nabob from County Wexford we'd all have a chance of earning the requisite mana as determined from the usefulness of our responses to queries and to the exquisite cleverness of our rubbish postings.
:shock::shock::shock::shock:

And for your superior knowledge of the language (or use of thesaurus) Mana to you!!

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

Oh what the heck, Mana's are on the house!

99 barrels of mana on the wall,

99 barrels of mana,

Take one down, pass it around,

98 barrels of mana on the wall!

Everybody, sing with me!

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

If it weren't for the Irish mafia run by a nefarious nabob from County Wexford
:shock:I'm surprised you got THAT one past the AXE!!!!!

:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Would this be the place to ask about oil and tires??

Synthetic or Regular??
Can you mix em?

Dunlop or Michelin or ??
Bias or Radial?

:cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.