Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ole Guy
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Decided to balance the carbs with a homemade manometer. Any good sources for making or purchasing the 5mm x 0.80 adpaters?

Ole Guy

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Ole Guy,

I've seen this on the forum. Just done a search for "vacuum port adapters". Came up as the second one on the list. I would put the site here but I have trouble linking it. They are listed for $2.48 each and come with an O ring. The adapters are made in stainless.

Hope this helps. Terry

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

vencowings.com
Jim sells them and they come with the chokers to reduce oscillation if you are using vacuum guages.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Ordered mine from RB's link above. Good price, fast service and shipping.:clapper:

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

made my own with 3/16 break line a die 5mm x .80 some o rings and metric nuts

p.m. me if you want a set

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

second page of the reference and FAQ forum has a post with lots of info.

·
Ole Guy
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Okay, I made some adapters out of some copper tubing I found. After reading the manual - Haynes - it says #4 is the base cylider. I messed with the adjuster on the left. The the one in the middle on the right. The idle ran up to about 1200 or 1300, so I lowered it to about 1000. I am not sure about the rear adjuster on the right side. If there is an order, I do know it. It is running better. Thanks for the tips on where to buy the adapters.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I made mine, too. I used #8x32 brass screws. Drilled a small hole through them, then cut the heads off. Screwed them in about 1/4 inch, then used a nut as a lock nut, finger tight. Plugged the hoses on the end sticking out.

John

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I used 1/4" tubing (built my own) for my V-Star and used the old jets that came in the carbs when I upped the jet size. They pressed in there quite nicely and reduced the quick movements from the fluid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.