Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Which is more detailed, the Haynes or Clymer manuals. Now that I have got some good feedback on my fork seal problem, I need to get the manual. Some friends actually recommend the Clymer for their bikes.

By the way, I called the stealership about the fork seals and they said the seals were 25 dollars a side plus labor. $300 +, I don't think so. I will be tearing it down myself!!!!!!!!!!

Suks2bu37

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

suks2bu37 wrote:
Which is more detailed, the Haynes or Clymer manuals. Now that I have got some good feedback on my fork seal problem, I need to get the manual. Some friends actually recommend the Clymer for their bikes.

By the way, I called the stealership about the fork seals and they said the seals were 25 dollars a side plus labor. $300 +, I don't think so. I will be tearing it down myself!!!!!!!!!!

Suks2bu37
I think that if you have any mechanical experience the Honda service manual is the best.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

for my 1200 I actually have both (thought I had lost one) I find that they both add up to a better idea then one alone.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

... I have both .., an I use both ..................................... but from the look of the grease stained pages, the Clymers seems to get used more.. I think their pics are a little clearer, and their explanation  a tiny bit better..... and I think their wiring Diag's   are  a whole lot better SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

I changed the fork seals in my 83 aspy last summer using the Clymer manual. It was well detailed for the job and I had no problems at all.

Lugnut

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

My original Honda service manual is completely falling apart from the use.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Depending on your mechanical experience. The Honda manual is written for folks who have some wrench turning time, the Clymer does more hand holding. The Haynes isn't up to either of the aforementioned manuals, poor pictures and less descriptive. You will find the Clymer manual has some workarounds for special tools called out by the Honda manual. Be aware there are some errors in both Clymer and Haynes. Clymer has some errors in carburetor jetting and has pictures of the fork seals upside down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.