Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good day Wing nuts!! I just wanted to thank all of you who have gone before and documented so well the mechanical work that you've done. Were it not for you I would likely never have heard of the Compufire alternator, nor would I have known to order rubber dampers at the same time. Even more importantly is; neither would I have known that as soon as you are SCREAMING MAD with messing with the extra large Compufure alternator, perhaps you've even given up once or twice to have a breather (and/or a cool beverage of choice) don't quit! Because like everyone here has pointed out - all of a sudden - for no good reason that you can figure out, the alternator just kind of leaves your hand and jumps into place even though it looks as if the space is too small to accommodate the Compufire! You have saved the day for me again, and thanks to all of the help here, I had a wonderful 25th anniversary ride with my better half to Banff, Lake Louise, Glacier National Park and back home again via the Lolo canyon and a stop - off at the Mrs. alma mater, Washington State University. Wonderful!!!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

^^^^ Gentlemen, that is the face of Happieness!

:claps:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Concradts on getting it installed. I just rolled into Vegas from a cross coutry rideabout, 3 1/2 months, 13,500+ miles on a test compufire, they have changed the internal electronics supplier and needed a test run on one. Had many extreems, 110° down to 30°. 12,000' + altitude in CO.
So far its run has been flawless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.