1. Honda -29%

2. Harley-26%

3. Yamaha -19%

4. Suzuki -12%

5. Kamasakee -10%

6. KTM -2%

7. BMW-1+%

8. Triumph -1%

What I find interesting is the KTM being more than Beemer. You see BMW's frequently, but when was the last time you saw a KTM, even on tv coverage of motocross event?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

ubarw, I'm not up on some of the less mentioned makes around here.

Just who makes KTM, or should I ask what KTM stands for??:baffled:

Or is this an offshhot of the old Husqavarna's........

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I honestly dont know who they are. I have heard of them before, but that is precisely my point. I havent really ever seen a bike of theirs.

I suppose they must have something worthwhile for their share to be better than BMW.

http://www.ktmusa.com/frameset.asp

if you are curious.
They make a 950cc "adventure" bike. A two cylinder, 4stroke 75degree v twin. Among others...

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I honestly dont know who they are. I have heard of them before, but that is precisely my point. I havent really ever seen a bike of theirs.

I suppose they must have something worthwhile for their share to be better than BMW.

http://www.ktmusa.com/frameset.asp

if you are curious.
They make a 950cc "adventure" bike. A two cylinder, 4stroke 75degree v twin. Among others...
Thanks Bro, i'll look em-up at the supplied link!:jumper:

Wow, some fairly nice stats for off road bikes!

I must assume then your market share break down list wasnt just covering street bikes alone?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yeah, I assume they are talking overall. The article didnt differentiate at all. It was part of a new insert thing, about 16 pages, called "Cycle life". Had articles on bikes, gear, backroad guide, and lots o ads from the local bike hawks.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Yeah, I assume they are talking overall. The article didnt differentiate at all. It was part of a new insert thing, about 16 pages, called "Cycle life". Had articles on bikes, gear, backroad guide, and lots o ads from the local bike hawks.
Thats very nice, I wish our local paper here would do the same!:jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

No wonder you see so many Harleys, since they don't make small bikes that large market share represents a lot of cruisers.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
No wonder you see so many Harleys, since they don't make small bikes that large market share represents a lot of cruisers.
Thats for sure!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
ubarw, I'm not up on some of the less mentioned makes around here.

Just who makes KTM, or should I ask what KTM stands for??:baffled:

Or is this an offshhot of the old Husqavarna's........
KTM use to come out of "Austria" if I'm not mistaken!

They sell alot of "dirt bikes" and dual purpose bikes,which is a fast bad dude!

Polaris (Victory) just bought 24% of them and are merging their CEO's!

KTM is close to signing the #1 Motocross rider in the World ,if he goes for it, "Ricky Carmicheal" who is with Suzuki right now!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
1. Honda -29%

2. Harley-26%

3. Yamaha -19%

4. Suzuki -12%

5. Kamasakee -10%

6. KTM -2%

7. BMW-1+%

8. Triumph -1%

What I find interesting is the KTM being more than Beemer. You see BMW's frequently, but when was the last time you saw a KTM, even on tv coverage of motocross event?
Where did these figures come from ?:baffled:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I quote an article in the local newspaper. Where they got the figgers, I dont know.

:stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

wingdawg is right. KTM are Austrian and have been around a long time. They sell big in Europe and are reckoned to be better dirt bikes than BMWs. Ian McGregor and his mate wanted KTMs for their "Long Way Round" series about riding round the world, but the UK dealer wouldn't come across with the bikes and they had to setle for BMW instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.