Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I misplaced the bolt that holds the H/T shifter onto the floorboard. The boards are Markland. Is there a suitable replacement bolt that anyone knows of? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Maybe you could take it to a hardware store and try to match it up with a bolt there. Another option would be to call Markland.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i got a spare set of them floor boards lemme see what kind of bolt it is and u can go to the local bolt store

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Vinnie, I looked up an old set of installation instructions, they call it a 3/8 X 5/8 Hex Socket HD Shoulder Screw.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

Yeah, jackjohn, that's just what I got from a big box hardware store, MENARDS. I got it a little longer so I could put an extra nut on the end because my H/T shifter kept working loose. Works pretty well now.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks everyone,I will try and check out the local hardware stores. I knew I could get the answers here....take care

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I belive Markland is no longer in business:sadguy:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

It is a "shoulder" bolt, and the shoulder is what acts as the pivot, and prevents overtightening it that would cause the shifter to bind.

My 1200 came with a setup like that, and I thought it was stock. As soon as I found out it wasn't, I had those things off of there, and the stock pegs, shifter and brake pedal on in about 3 days. What a difference. Made the bike feel about 300 pounds lighter, handle better, shift better and smoother, and allowed me to put my feet flat on the ground at stops, without those floorboards sticking out in the way. I have no idea why anyone would want those things, but to each their own. If your happy with them thats what counts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.