Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got my much anticipated highway footpegs for GL1500 today. No instructions for mounting. They came with a pair of roll pins which appear to go in holes in the actual footrest where it connects to the mount. Can anytone tell me what the pins are supposed to do? thx Mark in MN

ps. got my first "It's a used bike" surprise today when I found the left side cyl head guard was missing a mounting bolt. My 20 minute footrest mounting exercise became an exercise in discovery as I found out how to remove various body panels. I think dealers probably use Goldwings as punishment for when the service guys get out of line.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

My 1500 has Markland highway boards and they just clamp to the engine guard at the top and bottom.They are adjustable by sliding them along the engine guard. I've never seen them if taken apart, but the pins must have something to do with the ability to fold up out of the way???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Markland Foot Pegs

1500 1988they are nice but mounted way to close to the engine guard, they need to be out 2-21/2 inches so your ankle isn't pressed against guard...any idea's...........:raspberry:

Looking for riders in Tampa area!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
markland foot rest

The roll pin locks the footrest at a particular angle and keeps it from rotating around the singe bolt that holds it in place. It has nothing to do with the "fold up" action.
Mike in Naples:)

·
killer driller
781 Posts
The roll pin locks the footrest at a particular angle and keeps it from rotating around the singe bolt that holds it in place. It has nothing to do with the "fold up" action.
Mike in Naples:)
your responding to a 10 year old post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.