Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just bought a mint 1986 Aspencade. I love it! But one of the rubber foot pads is missing on the Markland flip down foot rests. Anyone have a location to buy replacements? Thanks Kim in Arizona

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

Hello and Welcome to the site, good to have you with us.

Would you please look to the right side of the screen on any Forum's title page and click on "My Account".

Then click on "Profile" and fill in your location information. :waving:

This site has members from all over the globe and if we know where you are, it helps us to provide you with the correct helpful information you may need. ;)

You also need to go to the New Members forum and introduce yourself. You will get a lot of interaction that way :D

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I am not sure where you can get just parts for the Markland floorboards and pegs. New ones can still be purchased at several on line stores , actually they are copies of the originals but can be purchased.

EBay has lots of them in various forms, I suppose you would have to buy a like unit and just rob the piece you want.

Or what I do sometimes with a missing rubber section on a floorboard, (I have learned to take them all out, and glue them in with gorilla glue) is find an old rubber floor mat, a commercial one that is thick enough and just cut a piece and shape it to fit on a grinder on very slow speed. Polish it up on a cloth wheel. I have done that one before.

Kit

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

My Markland floor boards were both bad when I bought my Wing, but I had some rubber mats in my tool boxes that matchedthem perfectly.....I really didn't need a rubber mat in a couple of those tool box drawers, cut them to match what was left of old ones, some gorilla snot and Viola new rubber floor mats....While I had them off took my buffer wheel some jewelers rouge and polished them, they look like new floor boards......But finding this type of rubber might be fun, I think I bought these mats ( drawer liners is what they are called ) from my Snap- On tool guy years ago...They might still have it :baffled:??? Not real thick and has tiny grooves ????

Claude.....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

I just got a roll of floor mat material from our make ready shop. It is the rubber stuff that has the straight grooves impressed on the top surface. Just like we've had in our trucks for 50 years.

That would be just the ticket for making your own.

If you want a piece, and can't find it locally anywhere, I could cut out a piece and mail it to you.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

chromeworld.com has replacement mats for $12.95 on page 5 of their golwing accessories and parts.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Ace sells the floor mat stuff that is a direct match..buy a foot and you'll ahve enough to replace all your pads and some for the next year too.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

I have the whole passenger boards off my 1500 in very good shape but not sure if it would fit your bike,maybe someone here could help out? solid pin about 4 inches slides thru mount and floor board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.