Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need to replace the large connector to my radio because it is defective. Does anyone have a harness or know where I can purchase this end piece? I have a '92 GL1500.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I think maybe you are talking about the actual connector that plugs into the radio, so hard wiring each wire past it is not a solution.

Stuff like that I find at the Honda Dealer, have them look it up on the computer and see if you can get the connector separate from the wire harness. (sometimes you can, sometimes not)

If not maybe who ever made the radio you can get it from them.

Have never been able to find specialty connectors other than from those who they were made for, all that kind of thing is dealer or manufacturer type items.

Kit

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

If i remember correctly i saw a post on this site where the person posted the honda picture,part number and what year and model the honda car that uses this as well.

He bought the plug ends at a car dealer.

do a search of this site

Like i said ,, I think it was this site and he said that it is used in a civic or accord car

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

I found it.

On the home pabe of this site click on GOLDWING TIPS and its right at the

top of the page that opens

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

I found it.

On the home pabe of this site click on GOLDWING TIPS and its right at the

top of the page that opens

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the help. I have had an issue with this connector since I bought the bike. I usually have to clean the plug about twice a year to keep it operable but I think it is done for now and must be replaced.

Keep on Winging:bat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.