Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Has anyone used Maxxis tires on a GL1500 and if you have what was your experience good and bad?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
imported post

My wifes Shadow came with Maxxis tires. She got about 10,000 from the rear. Front still there at 13,000. They are a little hard compound. I don't think the grip is the best. By only getting 10,000 on a Shadow I would think a wing would eat one up in a hurry. I just did something a little different on my 1500. I just mounted a set of Shinko 747 radials. Only have a few miles on them. Planning on riding to work tomorrow and maybe a longer trip later in week. On test ride they were very smooth.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Maxxis is another name for Cheng Shin tires. Do you really want Chinese tires on your Wing?

Just kidding. Maxxis is indeed Cheng Shin but I've had good luck with Cheng Shin tires. I always buy Cheng Shin Hi-Max tires which are cheap and work great. I've been using them for years since Dunlop K491 got so expensive. Made in Taiwan actually.

Q

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the help. Basically with the trike I've been running the MPA but at 15,000 its starting to scallop. And I've talked to guys running the BT45 Battleaxe and half of them are having cupping issues around the same mileage. So I'm looking at other tires specifically GL1500 front Bias tires but if I find a radial with some long mileage on it i would definitely take a second look. The stock radial on a wing 1800 lasts about 7-8000 miles on a trike so Bias is my number 1 choice.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

ive used maxxis on other bikes, and frankly have had no bad issues with them.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I always see those Maxxis tires in my JC Whitney bike catalogs.

It never occurred to me to put them on a BIG bike. Doubt it will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.