Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All !

Long time no talk ! When a man nothing haveto say, it's wise to keep one's mouth shut :action:
Now to my really goal ! One of the oldest GW 1000 K1 (or K0-K2)in Denmark has a frame reg. number : 2032298 ! Could somebody tell me which year and date are this GW Fabricated ? The Import firm could not answer !
I know thatpeople as out there are
full of knowledge so please help ! If you should be unable may be you could give an advice instead where to search !

Best regards and
thanks for many good advices on this forum
from all of you nice people !

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Jan,
Thats a US model from 1976. It should have an engine number betweeen 2001552&2038141. According to my stats book, it is a Standard model (nothing special like the Executive) and left the factoryafter March 75. Stats for the very earliest Wings are not as full as for later models. From the 1979 model year on I can usually get the following info from the frame number alone; day it left the factory, actual engine number, colour, market type and destination and warranty/dealer work carried out. But don't inundate me with requests for info as the paperwork is messy to wade through. I haven't got around to asking Honda for a CD version yet.
You can find the basic database of frame & engine numbers at http://www.goldwinginfo.com and also the parts numbers database. The parts numbers are not always up to date because it's an old databasebut it won't matter as you can give the part number to your Honda dealer and the "superceded by" number will show up when they enter it.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Hey Jan, can we see a picture of the bike? BTW, the goldwinginfo.com site isn't bad. Its just a sitefull of info poached from the Honda database and even though its not up to date with the parts numbers as they change, it is a useful resource for checking up a number when you need it. :pumpkin:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hello Steve !

Amazing ! Cant find words ! I Knew I Someone outhere should be able to help ! Thank you very much!
If you don't mind I will translate your answer to my friend and forward to him.

Best regards

Jan Jensen
Denmark
Chairman
Danish Goldwing Club
GWCDK

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hello Eamonn !

I will try to get a digital picture !

Thanks for your interest and reply !

Best regard

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

A picture of the oldest Wing in Denmark would be nice to see. :shock:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hello Ambrose !

Yes I'm looking forward too ! The owner has promised me one 2-3 pics ! If I get them I will opload them here on this site. The actual Owner today (Morten) told me by mail yesterday that he had known the bike since 1975. The former owner sold it to Morten in 1989 but Morten had driven the bike now and then since 1975. Everything should be original, the engine works well without any heavy repairs since 1975. Almost 30 years on the road must be WELL DONE !

Should still be nice and shiny !

Talk to you later !

Best regards
Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

If it is a 1976 model then it must be a US model as well as they get the next years models months before Europe. Either that or it has a different frame than when it left Japan!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
If it is a 1976 model then it must be a US model as well as they get the next years models months before Europe.
I had a 1983 GL1100 with an 82 American registration. Obviously a 1983 model year bike that some lucky sod bought during 1982.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
If it is a 1976 model then it must be a US model as well as they get the next years models months before Europe. Either that or it has a different frame than when it left Japan!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.