Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So a couple of weeks ago, I get the new (new to me anyways) CB Radio for the bike. Armed with the installation manual I go about installing it and after a lot of tugging and pushing, I discover that the MultiChanger box generates so much audio noise it isn't worth it right now. Its now a winter project.

Twice since then, (especially shifting from 1 to 2 I think), the whole electrics drop out on the dash for a second, and the trip computer, reseting everything to zero (clock, odometer, presets).

Okay so I've pinched a cable somewhere, I'll get to that sometime this winter when the CB gets wired up - no problem.

Then the day before yesterday I'm driving the car (2004 BMW 325xi), and wham, all the electric drop out for a second reseting everything to zero (clock, odometer, presets).

Somebody help me! I've obviously found new superpowers and I'm now afraid to gas up in case whatever magnetic field I'm emmitting sets the pump off.

Anybody got the number for the XMen, maybe I could be Magneto's new sidekick :waving:.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Maybe UFOs are flying over your house????

What model is your bike?

With the bike you might want to checkthe main fuse. Could also be an ignition switch. Main fuses tend to develop cracks from corrosion and vibration, and cause all the electrics to temporarily go out. The best solution is to replace the main fuse holder with an automotive in-line type.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.