21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
58,410 Posts
What's with all the Mazda BS posts??? :lash::mad::nospam:

Okay,
here is a quote from the IT staff at VerticalScope

Looking into it. Seems like a test of a new ad type that needs some fine tuning

so, it seems that the parameters of who is subjected to seeing these adverts needs some "fine tuning" as they say.

Meaning, that all who are "Premium xyz" members should NOT see those adverts.

those of you who were members before Motorcycle.com purchased the forum, were grandfathered to Lifetime Premium Members....

those of you who have joined the forums after that purchase are NOT.
New members have a choice when signing up for the forum, you can continue to be a 'free Regular Member' or choose to pay for a Premium Membership of different levels of support....

once you have paid for a Premium membership, the adverts will disappear... except for this brand new "modified type" whatever that means, and that still has some rough edges on it.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Okay,
here is a quote from the IT staff at VerticalScope

so, it seems that the parameters of who is subjected to seeing these adverts needs some "fine tuning" as they say.

Meaning, that all who are "Premium xyz" members should NOT see those adverts.
So in other words they don't have a clue why only Chrome Browser seems to be affected?:surprise:

·
Administrator
58,410 Posts
Ken, you don't read very well it seems.
I never said that only Chrome is effected.....

my Firefox Browser has uBlock origin installed, and as a Moderator we never see adverts anyway ........... so to test what regular members might see, I have to login as a normal user, with a different browser.... I just happened to choose Chrome to do that.

·
Registered
633 Posts
They don't show up in Chrome with uBlock and Ghostery...

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Ken, you don't read very well it seems.
I never said that only Chrome is effected browser.... I just happened to choose Chrome to do that.
I reads gooder than you think.
Before you only two members said they were affected and both were using Chrome, you make number three.

·
Magic Moderator
4,433 Posts
I shut off the ad blocker and security settings on Firefox and in my regular forum account the ad appeared so its not just a Chrome issue.

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
I reads gooder than you think.
Before you only two members said they were affected and both were using Chrome, you make number three.
It's just that with automatic log in it's easier to go to a different browser to log in as another user, at least for me it is.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Guests and new members sees lots of and large adverts?

Nothing like scaring away potential new members. :surprise:

·
Administrator
58,410 Posts
Guests and new members sees lots of and large adverts?

Nothing like scaring away potential new members. :surprise:

in this case, it is a thread... so if they do not click on the thread, all they see is a 'one liner' with the title..... and the poster's username 'Honda or Mazda' for the moment.

that is much less obnoxious than a flagrant full page in your face advert you can't avoid.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Can those posts/ads be deleted?
Doesn't really matter to me, I just don't open them, but still...........

·
Administrator
58,410 Posts
Can those posts/ads be deleted?
Doesn't really matter to me, I just don't open them, but still...........
I think we would be over-stepping our bounds to do that.

they Paid $$$ to put them there, and they are a Sticky, so an Admin helped to put them there.

When the configuration is finished, they just won't show for any Premium member.

The VerticalScope IT Staff has been extremely helpful to us, let's not sour the stew.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Adverts are fine, it is the ones that are, as you say, obnoxious in your face that is the issue.
A problem I see are the fast flashing ones, sort of like that running Greyhound avatar.
Flashing is EXTREMELY irritating to the eye, not to mention probable convulsion inducing.

·
Magic Moderator
4,433 Posts
If you want to be on a site with flashing annoying ads it would have to be the Pogo game site and you're a non paying member you wind up not enjoying playing the games and getting a headache. :thumbsdown:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts