Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just about everyday I read about another fatality on Houston streets; sometimes including a passenger.

There is always an "on-going" investigation so never surewhat the actual cause is but the number's awefully high.

Makes me almost glad my bike is still in the shop.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

As people everywhere are looking for ways to save money they turn more and more to motorcycles. Fuel mileage is better, insurance in this area is cheaper than a car, and up keep is easier and cheaper. With these factors there are more bikes on the street. With salesmen selling these bikes to inexperienced riders who think that it makes them "cool" to get out and challenge the "dangerous" side of being cool leads to more accidents. As well as driver of cars that pay NO attention the conditions lead to more accidents. The media does not help since motorcycle accident tend to be more dramatic or bring more dramatic images to the mind, making for better entertainment for the news.....

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Agree with Twisted however, overly aggressive MC drivers have a burden to bear as well. Traveling down I-45 south yesterday, one such rider was executing multiple high speed lane changes in heavy traffic; he had to have been doing at least 80mph. He almost kissed a car that had signaled a lane change; car had to swerve back into his original lane.
MC driver blew up the Beltway 8 ramp, East bound side to over take another car and a guy on a VTX, only to do a last second lane change to the west bound side at the apex of the ramp.
The guy had his MC hammered the entire way and I thought to myself, "I'll be listening to Dominique tell me about a MC crash on the 10 PM news."
The guy on the VTX was visibly shaking his head in disbelief at this display of stupidity...........

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Allot more people drive around with blinders on and doing and thinking about anything but driving. They are in a hurry and don't pay any attention to anything going on around them most can't drive unless the car they are driving is stuffed under the bumper of the car in front of them. Allot of times instead of leaving a little room and control there space they will drive 90 to catcha car going 65 and with nowhere to go when they catch it. They don't have the sense to take care of there situation and can't relay on them to make good reactions. Seeing more stupid moves on bikes in groups around here as well jumping out in a lane change on the hwy. holding up a hand expecting traffic to slow 10 to 15 miles per hour just so there group can make a three lane change and get off the hwy. Need a better lead rider than that or send some one home in a bag everybody asking why that rider got ran down. A little common courtesy while on the road goes a long way in most cases if you just take the time to think that way it will leave you an out in bad spots. You have to learn to think for most of the people going down the road.

Sorry rant over can you tell I drive for a living.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.