Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I recently purchased an MC Enterprise hitch for my 87 Aspencade GL1200. Got it at a swap meet and it did not come with all the mounting brackets. As can be seen in the photos, the two main outriggers attached to the ball plate do attach to the rear bolt on the underside of the bags. On the bottom of the assembly there are two chrome rods that don't seem to reach anywhere for attachment. I have contacted MC Enterprise in Oxnard, CA and they told me this hitch was manufactured from 84 to 87 and they don't have any parts, drawings or specs on it. Does anyone have information, photos or suggestions on how or what I need to install it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bruceski

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

now thats funny--- thats the years the 1200 was made. sorry but no i cant help with info. on the hitch.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks for the response wda-83wing. My brother in law, a fellow winger for many years got me fixed up. The support braces had been put on upside down after disassembly, and before I purchased this item. After flipping them around they fit right into the back end of the bag crash bars. Needed to remove the crash bar side to side connector and insert the braces into the resulting holes and walla. Fit like it was made for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.