Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok I admit I am a total sucker for a cool little gadget / gizmo that makes my life easier or tasks simpler so when I came across this I thought wow this sound perfect - But does it really work?

Since I did a search here on the forum and didn't find any mention of it I thought I would pose the question to everyone.

Have you ever heard of, seen or used one of these McCuff Motorcycle Fill gizmos? I don't know about everyone else but here in Mass the Vapor Recovery System is mandatory on all gas pumps and man do they make it difficult to fill up a bike! Actually the filling isn't the problem it's the topping off that is almost impossible without some overfilling / spilling.

http://www.mccuff.com

So let me know what you think before I order one :)

I know if Paul Sr. Says it works then it must be great right :D

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

I have never had any problem filling my tank to the brim. My concern with this gadget is that at some point fuel is going to get spilled on the unit and with continued use the pouch and unit will smell like fuel. It seems like the demonstrator would have taken the gadget out of the tank, while on the nozzle, rather than leaving it on the tank to get fuel on it. This gadgets gets a thumbsdown, just my.02

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,671 Posts
imported post

Thumbs down here.

That is a solution looking for a problem.

The chaos theory in motion. Create a problem where none exists, so you can provide the solution and make yourself look great.

No thanks.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Thumbs down here also. What a waste of time and money.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,911 Posts
imported post

Don't have an opinion good or bad. I just don't see a necessity so why spend the money.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Question is, on a custom bike like an OCC bike, where do you stash this thing in between fill-ups?

Would you want a gasoline smelling thing sitting in your trunk or saddlebag? Yuck...

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Dark sunglasses and all them tattoos... what's up with that? Maybe too much pump time

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

The difficulty filling up the wing is being able to see the fuel level as it comes up to the filler neck. With this thing on you would lose any visual on the fuel level.

Plus the wing has a catch and drain in case of an overfill.

Thumbs down here.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Those vapor boots are a real pain, but I'd rather hold up it up than carry that thing.

Somewhere I've seen a metal device that is designed to help with this issue. It holds the vapor switch above the fill spout enough to look into the tank.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Depends on whether you are in an area with the vapor recovery pumps or not.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
imported post

I thought vaper nozzels were mandentory in all states by fed epa law.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Not here in the south. Jay

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Just keep a small flashlight, wrapped in the small cloth you use to catch any drips after filling up. Even in daylight it's dark inside the tank, so if you want to get an additional quart or so, use the flashlight.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Houston, Dallas, San Antone, Ft. W, and Austin require them. Smaller towns don't. Thank goodness I am in Abilene because I hate those damn things.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,671 Posts
imported post

We have them here in Maricopa County. Elsewhere in the state, they are not required. :X

My opinion on them is slightly lower than whale dung.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
We have them here in Maricopa County. Elsewhere in the state, they are not required. :X

My opinion on them is slightly lower than whale dung.
Now don't hold back let us know how you really feel:action::action: Jay

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

If ya can't pump gas, maybe riding a bike is not for you!! :DJust kiddin'! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Never had a problem myself even at night, with all the lights a gas stations and I fill her up to the top each time......

Well it is the good old USA and there has to be something said for being an entrepenuer..... I wish him the best with his product......

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

clpete wrote:
Somewhere I've seen a metal device that is designed to help with this issue. It holds the vapor switch above the fill spout enough to look into the tank.
You can make one out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum. Cut a 2" square piece of aluminum, drill a 1/2" hole through the middle of it and cut a 1/2" slot from one side to each edge of the hole. Then when fueling, pull the foreskin back on the pump nozzle and slip the aluminum piece over the nozzle above the bump. I think 1/2" is the right size but don't remember because I lost the one I made. I really don't need one here the boot isn't common around these parts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.