Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Docs give 6 more months but really God only knows when. Heart output is still at 25 % output, right lung is collapsed about 75%. Docs say when it goes it will take out the other and that will be the end of me.

Before this happens I'll try to sell off everything I own including the bike to move Linda and Stephen back to Texas to with be her family once again.

The side car I bought 2 years is finally mount to the bike by a club member of mine and he is wire up the lights to it and adjusted. Now he thinks the agm battery is dead on the bike as it cranks slow or not at all. Won't jump and hard to push start with side car attached.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

BM, you're freaking me out with this hospital stuff. :waving:Hospital stuff" freaks me out anyway, but onto my point:

...now, ...don't just give that bike away in a rush. Get that thing squared-away and ride it. You know the deal; Ride To Live.

Take the screen off of it and make your own O2 Concentrator, ...at 70 Mph with a grin from ear-to-ear. :smiler:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Wow. I really don't know what to say, Baggie. But I really hope you hang in there for a long time still. But in the end we'll all take the same journey. And we seldom decide when. Guess you know you're in the minds of many, many friends worldwide.

Bjørn.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have a sale offer from a seller for one that is portable, last 10 hr's on a full charge and fits on a shoulder strap or a belt. Like the one the old man wears on Sons of Anarchy. I just can't afford it.

My hospice nurse suggest I turn in my driver's license since I can barely drive the truck any more. I can still ride the bike though.

It needs painting, upgraded to an alternator and hell/toe shifter installed to make it easier to ride.

One of my club members has installed the side car I bought 2 years ago in Georgia but now the agm battery is dead and the bike won't start.

All my luck has been nothing but bad lately.

You guys have helped me out quite a bit over the years since I joined the forum so I won't ask again.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Baggy, ive got an xtra lead acid battery in the basement, its been on and off the tender all yr so far as i was keepin it for a spare...bought an agm this spring so am guessing i wont need it....Its yours if you need or want it brother...am pretty sure 1500 and 1100 batteries are same size...

Take care and thoughts and prayers are with you...

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Those types of batteries can't be shipped.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

we will just have to talk chromo into being a transporter for it then !!! It was a good thought anyway....

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Michael, you have been sick for quite a while now.

I must say that I would do the same as you by making sure my family was taken care of to the best of my ability.

Family first. I know that nothing would make you happier than knowing your wife and son were secure.

Sometimes we do what we must to secure that future.

All the best to you....Sam

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thank you Sam. Hope all is well for you and yours.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

NEVER EVER turn in your License!

There is just no reason to ever do that!
If you can drive or ride then you can. If you can't then don't!
The license itself is just a piece of paper or plastic to make driving legal, and nothing more than that.
You will still need valid ID and that's something your license still is rather you drive or not.

Wishing you the best, and I will go back and read rest of thread now too.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear your doing poorly at the present time.
You've been through some bad stuff before and always pulled through so far, pull through this one too!

Sending out a prayer for you.
And you know if I can do anything to help out I will.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

We have never met Mike, But I'd sure like to someday. I wish you the best, and as Sam said, If I were in your shoes, I'd do the same as you, to make sure my Wife and Kids were going to be OK. It saddens me that you would have to sell all that you have to achieve that, sometimes the memories are important to some, I know they were for me when my parents passed.

I have a lead acid battery from my 1200, will that fit? Im leaving for Pa tomorrow or Saturday, but when I get back, if your not in to big a hurry, I;ll work something out where maybe someone could meet me near the Rock Hill area in SC? Or if someone is available we can "Chain Ride" this thing down to you.

Good luck to you sir, You have been in my prayers, and you shall remain in my prayers. God Bless You.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

I hope the doctor is wrong, you have a lot of people on this forum that wish only the best for you and your family.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I have a relatively new lead acid battery that I bought in April that should take a good charge... if someone can get it from Aiken to Baggy's place.. give me a PM...

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
imported post

baggy ,, ive got a new battery and starter if thats whats needed . we can work a way to get them up to you just let me know . and if you want to sell her i can help find her a good home ...... sorry to hear your health is going but my prayers are with you all the way

:praying::praying:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
imported post

Baggy I have some AGM Batterys that I just replaced out of the Honda AquaTrax we carry on the boat. Let me check them out tomorrow. If there any good I will send you one .I have used one in my gl1000 it.s a little smaller but a block of wood and a ty wrap will fix that . They have plenty of power to start the bike . I'll get back to you soon ..... Hang in there buddy !!!!! :action: Jimbo1145

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

What causes or attributes to most health problems is STRESS and from all your threads and posts over the past year or so you are always stressed about not being able to afford to either put the bike on the road or getting the side car hooked up or other stuff like this ,Now you are stressed out about a battery , Michael GETrid of the bike with or without a good battery and get rid of the stress,a battery is not going to make a huge difference on the price you can get on what is basically an old bike ,, So just sell it and get whatever you can for it ,you may not gain a lot in financial terms ,BUT the relief you will gain with the stress gone will be worth a million dollars ...

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I'm with ob1. Us Stress-Monsters needoutlets. :smiler:

And NO, ...I ain't sticking a fork in the wall outlet.. ;)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
We have never met Mike, But I'd sure like to someday. I wish you the best, and as Sam said, If I were in your shoes, I'd do the same as you, to make sure my Wife and Kids were going to be OK. It saddens me that you would have to sell all that you have to achieve that, sometimes the memories are important to some, I know they were for me when my parents passed.

I have a lead acid battery from my 1200, will that fit? Im leaving for Pa tomorrow or Saturday, but when I get back, if your not in to big a hurry, I;ll work something out where maybe someone could meet me near the Rock Hill area in SC? Or if someone is available we can "Chain Ride" this thing down to you.

Good luck to you sir, You have been in my prayers, and you shall remain in my prayers. God Bless You.
I'm about 90-100 miles from Charlotta,nc and about 40 miles from where bagger lives. I will be off this weekend and again on the 20th.I could meet you somewhere around charlotte if we need to get something to him.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.