Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

If that is the best that ex NASA scientists can come up with, I think they should have stuck at making space vehicles.
That is the most impractical looking trike I've ever seen. Puny headlights, far too wide at the back and using that huge engine goes against the trend of fuel efficent engines. A modern 2 litre engine would have been big enough to pull that thing.
Sorry chaps, but I am not impressed.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

I like it. Granted, a proper headlight would look better. The engine is well proven over many years and for that alone it is a good one.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I don't like it. I'm waiting for the equivalent of a mini van trike so people can haul their 6 kids around. And include a TV, DVD Player and surround sound.....

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Theres not much that I can't see the merit in but I definately don't like it. Far prefer the Can-Am

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i like the concept . but the front has got to go.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

With paddle tires I could run it in the sand dunes.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

It looks better without the fibreglass body cover.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

Hodgy wrote:

Yeah they got that wrong IMHO. Looks like an alien craft at the front, and a small 50's car at the back.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

Here is a perfect example to show why automotive manufacturer's spend year's and millions to design vehicles that will appeal to the majority of us. Art and design can make or break a vehicles success and in my opinion, this one is broken.
I agree with Hodgy that it looks better without the body work. That should be an indication to the designer that he has got it WRONG! Luckily, body design is easier to change than the underlying structure.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

it sure would go with that power plant, looks like a suped up dune buggy with out the body kit on

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

As for the headlamps-they appear to be projector beam lamps and do out perform conventional headlamp bulbs by far!
Also, for the poster that said, why not just take a car. One of the reasons for trikes was for those of us that could no longer ride 2 wheels and did not want to totally give up the bike! After I got my trike and got used to it, I wished I had converted much sooner than I did.
Trikes are becoming more and more popular. Many like the additional safety factor of 3 wheels. But, to each his own.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

I agree Dawg, but your trike looks like a motorcycle. Maybe we should just view what the ex NASA people have done is a project to keep their minds busy. And they sure were with a couple of nightmares mixed in !

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
imported post

Hodgy wrote:

I agree.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Looks to be only a bit smaller than my S-10 shortbed in length.:ROFL: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Cut that front end off let Skip design and build a better front end....Ugly headlights for sure, like Hodgy says it looks better with out the body....But then its each to his own...In one way I like it but it could stand a bit more thought....Now until they get production models out in dealerships, its still just a dream....I didn't see a price, nut I'm sure that once a price list is put out Can Am's are going to be looking good as far as prices......:?....

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

To set the record straight...

Ray Ackley is the designer, owner, builder of the Treycycle, not rocket scientists. Ray employed a few NASA engineers (one was pictured in the video) to work for him, but they did not design and build the Treycycle. Fox News made the implication about the NASA engineers. When the cycle is ready for full production, NASA engineers, or laid-off folks from any kind of mechanical or engineering work may be the assemblers!

As for the comment about the rear end, it was designed that way for safety reasons. First, so there could be lots of lights across the back to solve the problem of motorcyclists being rear-ended too often. Secondly, the wide rear ensures the vehicle cannot be flipped.

There are presently 4 models: the 2-seater, a 3-seater, 4-cylinder, and 8-cylinder models. The Treycycle should go 700-900 miles without a fill- up due to the tank size (depending on the model)...try doing that with any motorcycle anywhere. There will also be a 6-cylinder model. There is also an electric model in the design phase now.

This cycle was built with safety as a number 1 priority. It's fast, fuel-efficient, fun and excitingly unique. The body was designed to emulate a Formula 1.

There are far more features/benefits and considerations built into this motorcycle than anything out there. The best part is that replacement parts are readily available off-the-shelf now. (Talk about a cost savings!) As for the body, you can pop off a body and switch a different spare to change the appearance with your whims. You want yellow this week...you got it...you want a red vehicle next week...you got it. Blue, black, with or without trick paint...you pick your cover. Prices are reasonable, so why not buy a few covers. Fiberglass and even Kevlar is available. And speaking of covers...there are extras available like a tuner cover, travel box, carryall rack, GPS, etc.

This is the birth of a new kind of fun! Created by a man who not only knows how to have fun, he made it safe for young and old alike.

People stop him wherever he goes driving the Treycycle just to check it out. Here's one more thought for you business owners...imagine putting your company logo on the side of this baby and driving it around town. Hmmmmmm, wonder what kind of new business you'll be getting, eh? Think about that.

And if you're wondering about me, I work with Ray...I know the facts. Now you do, too.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to build a Treycycle.
:cheesygrin:
...sorry that was mostly involuntary...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.