Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently joined a group of riders on a web site called Meetup.com. We have had some awesome rides on twisties I never knew existed in Florida. This is world wide and does nothing but bring riders together for a good ride, no club, no meetings, no BS. We normally take off in the morning and ride for a few hours on our way to a restaurant, have lunch, and take the fast route home. I just thought I share, as I have found this very rewarding. There are meetups for all kinds of groups, beliefs, bikes, and whatever else.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
imported post

Twisties? Florida? In the same sentence, no less. Wow!

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Meetup.com is very active here in the Seattle area. I have attended some of their rides. It is very interesting the wide range of motorcycles that show up.

I usually ride ahead of the Harley guys..... don't like their pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Here is a clip from a meetup trip. Go to 7:00 to see the white GW... I got stuck between two locals, one on a BMW and one on a Kawasaki, had to keep up...

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
imported post

Great vid. The twisties do exist. You kind of looked out of place though between the sport bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

dingdong wrote:
Great vid. The twisties do exist. You kind of looked out of place though between the sport bikes.
Yeah, but only a very few of them can keep up with me when I ride two up, by myself maybe one might be able to....

And the group has all kind of riders, even a Canadian on a trikes 1800....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.