Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought a bottle of this Meguiars PlastX for under 5 bucks at Walmart and used it on my bikes windshield.

This stuff works great for removing Bugs and fine scratches off your plexiglass and restores your windshield and guage cover to like new.

Mike

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

G1200wing,

I use Pledge and IT does the same for half the cost.

Hickey

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

I use the Plast-X too. It does a better job of polishing out the scratches and removing the haze from an old windshield than Pledge. I use Pledge to shine 'er up and help keep the windshield clean after the Plast-X.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

Warm water and a micro fiber cloth works too! ;)

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

When we first got the bike the old Vetter Windshield was completely scratched and yellowed.

After polishing with PlastX a couple of times it started to clear so we kept at it. Polishingonce a day with Plastx over the course of two weeks made the windshield crystal clear and got rid of all the yellowing.

Peter

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

Peterbylt wrote:
When we first got the bike the old Vetter Windshield was completely scratched and yellowed.

After polishing with PlastX a couple of times it started to clear so we kept at it. Polishingonce a day with Plastx over the course of two weeks made the windshield crystal clear and got rid of all the yellowing.

Peter
I use that too - but mostly water to get the bugs off! Oh BTW - Hi Peter - I have left Florida on my way back to Ohio. It was nice to have met you a couple weeks ago!

See you again sometime next year or so.

Roadrunner

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Hey Peterbylt, hope i spelled it right, you a Trucker or former OTR like self? I miss those days out there, if ya seen my post you see my plight!

Hey if you are a trucker dwn there would ya know a fellow named Charlie guy, an old Navy Vet, and was my trainer with TSMT Heavy haul Div. many years ago, a good guy, and great at Heavy haul even though around mid sixties at the time, which I would'nt even do, unless all my loads were pre loaded and tied, tarped etc. lol

Just doin some light weight driving these days for the City, which sometimes suck cause we don't always get to drive, sometimes we have ta get out and shovel asphalt too! lol that sucks, never know what ya miss when you think the grass is greener sometimes it has poop in it!:boo:

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Have used this site in the past just lost track of passwords finally decided this year for site like these just use simple PW I could recall, gettin old!

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

mrbigrick wrote:
Have used this site in the past just lost track of passwords finally decided this year for site like these just use simple PW I could recall, gettin old!
I was thinking of changing my password to "I forgot" for the same reason. :cheeky1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.