Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Schmidtap just called me, he is broke down about 60 miles east of Columbia SC.on I-26, somewhere around the Hwy 301 exit. Sounds like a fuel problem, said his bike will fire but not run for long. He is trying to make it to Ft. Jackson for a school he is attending.

If anybody is in the area that could help him out his #912-610-1827. (number posted at his request)

I believe he is around exit 145, Orangeburg/St. Matthews area.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I can look also in the GWRRA gold book if needed.jimsjinx

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, Kit can't help as his trailer is not available. I'm leaving now with mine, hopefully we can get him to the base on time.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Ok, Kit can't help as his trailer is not available. I'm leaving now with mine, hopefully we can get him to the base on time.
Well done Bagmaster! One of the many reasns this place is soooo Great:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yep---another one for bagmaster . well done bagmaster !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I talked to Micheal, he is going to go rescue him. This is when it always happens to me too, on a Sunday, when no one is around or has a trailer, at least Bagmaster has a trailer that is available.

Most likely going to need one of these. Rate or Review this Product

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

I'm available if Michael needs help. Schmidtap is also welcome to pick up the '83 if he need transportation until his bike is fixed. My numbers are in the SS Goldbook if he need to call.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Dang it, I need to get in that Goldbook.

Unfortunately, my tow vehicle is down right now. Gonna gice BagM a call, 301 isnt that far from me, maybe an hour.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

he might have a bit of a problem getting a pass for it to get it on base. just a thought.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

ok--OB1 to the rescure.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

Just got off the phone with Ob1.
Bagmaster is onscene with his trailer and they are getting it loaded up at this moment. All should be good now

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Just flew back from Orangeburg, and boy are my arms tired!

Got Schmidtap all loaded up, looks like he wont be AWOL! Looks to be a fuel pump problem, old school mechanical, shouldnt be a big deal.

Stopped to help out another roadside motorcycle on the way back, but he was just fine, and I hadnt been breaking the speed limit, at least that's what he told me!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

wvboy wrote:
What a good bunch of guys.

:jumper::jumper::jumper:

NO____ WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Just walked in the door and getting me some supper. Full report to come.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, got my belly full, pork chops were good.

Oh, yea, trip report time. Well, got there by 1:30 and got him loaded. OB1 showed up as we were tying the bike down and assisted with that. Andrew described the symptoms of the problem and the consensus was bad fuel pump. Here's the bike loaded for travel.

Got on up the road and got him to Ft. Jackson by 3:15, plenty of time to check-in. Once this was done I got on over to the motel for checking in before heading over to Kit Carson's house with the bike. Frist we stopped at the Columbia airport so Andrew could rent a car and then we headed to Kit's

Kit met us a few miles from his house and led us in. Here's the bike unloaded at Kit's and ready to go in the shop.

After spending a few minutes with Kit and his lovely wife we both had to depart, me to head home and Andrew to meet a friend about 6 hrs late.

Did I say the pork chops were good? Yea, right, I think we've already covered that. Oh, well, another good deed done.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
imported post

WOW BAGMASTER, you da man. what a wonderful thing you've done.I guess being a sherrif for a couple of days turned your wicked life around. good foryou.:cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.