Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in awhile I like to take a look at my excursions in "trip to far away"

Last timeI looked photobucket has put a logo on top of them. It didnt bother me much but now I see they made all pics blurry.

I have read someplace that there is a way to obtain all pics back in an album stored away from photobucket.
The question I have is there is a way the moderators/ admin could allow me to go back and change the pics so I can post clear ones?

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts
You should put the images up on www.Imgur.com
I have been doing this since Photocrap started charging fee$.
I have NOT lost a single image from them since.
but, who's to say how long they will stay free?

downside for now, you have 72 hours to edit pix.

upside, I am willing to replace all of the lost photos if you will provide the link ImageLinks and the Post Number they go into.

I noticed that PB has been really shitty lately, first demanding money, and now, reducing the image quality.

If you email me the pix instead of the links, I can just directly upload them into the posts, and they will be preserved permanently, not relying on outside hosts.

Use WeTransfer to send me all of the pix in one fell swoop.

give me the image name/number and the post it goes to.

www.WeTransfer.com will accept Folders or Individual pictures.

I will give you my email address in a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I'm reading this right, you should be able to edit your posts.
You can for a limited time (days?)
Look at an old post and you wont see edit button. This was taken out due to some members getting mad at the forum and deleting all their threads. Then you'd be left with some stupid links

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should put the images up on www.Imgur.com
I have been doing this since Photocrap started charging fee$.
I have NOT lost a single image from them since.
but, who's to say how long they will stay free?

downside for now, you have 72 hours to edit pix.

upside, I am willing to replace all of the lost photos if you will provide the link ImageLinks and the Post Number they go into.

I noticed that PB has been really shitty lately, first demanding money, and now, reducing the image quality.

If you email me the pix instead of the links, I can just directly upload them into the posts, and they will be preserved permanently, not relying on outside hosts.

Use WeTransfer to send me all of the pix in one fell swoop.

give me the image name/number and the post it goes to.

www.WeTransfer.com will accept Folders or Individual pictures.

I will give you my email address in a PM.

Thank you John, your effort is appreciated

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts
You can for a limited time (days?)
Look at an old post and you wont see edit button. This was taken out due to some members getting mad at the forum and deleting all their threads. Then you'd be left with some stupid links

We have a member here, who has not posted in a long time.
He is highly technical, and provided our members with a huge library of "how to" articles....

It really made for a lot of Highly Accurate repair info.

then he went Commercial, 'R' and he then methodically went through every single post, and deleted all of the content.....
Highly irregular, and I disrespect him vastly because of that.

when I saw what he did, I immediately put a 72 hour Edit Rule into effect.
I will NOT put up with that kind of crap.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts
Peter,
do you still have all of the images on your local computer?

that rigamarole to download them from Photobucket is not something I want to mess with.

just send them to me on WeTransfer

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I dont save many pics either on phone or comp. However I managed to download them from PB. Now they are in my comp. It is time consuming to rename them and send them to you so youll know where they go.
I have to understand a bit more how it works how do I send them to you

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts
just to be sure we are on the same page,
this is the thread you are talking about, right?
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/3-events/619793-trip-far-away.html

I note that there are 354 posts currently.
so........

I think the safest thing to do with renaming the pictures is do it like this

The first pictures submitted should be renamed like this:

• Post004-1
  • Post004-2
  • Post005-1
  • Post005-2
  • Post005-3
  • Post005-4
  • Post353
this is purely an example of how we can keep the images tied to a specific post, if there are multiple images in that post, use a suffix number to indicate that.

doing it this way, you can wholesale all of the pictures to me at once, in numerical order, and it will be easy for me to cull out the specific pix for each post.

again, I want you to use www.WeTransfer.com to send me the pictures.

you need to do this to yourself a couple of times so that you get the hang of how it works. It is ultra-simple.

1. click on 'Free'
  2. enter Receiver's email address
  3. enter your email address
  • click on add 'Folder' and that folder should be the main folder where you have your pictures stored on your PC.
  • click on SEND
WeTransfer will then Zip all of the images in that folder, including sub-folders.

I will get one large Zip file.
when I unzip it, it will look exactly like it does on your laptop.

I am going to send you a WeTransfer right now, so that you understand how it will look when I get it.
you will get an email which will have a link for you to click on.

You better have a Fiber Cable connection when you upload those pictures, it is going to take a long long time to zip them all ....
do NOT under any circumstance interrupt the Zip process.
just walk away, and ride your bike.

is your email current with the forum??

pnagy17 at hotmail dot com

once you verify that email address, I will edit it out.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes thats the thread Im talking about
I did send it John with my best computer ability. I hope it works. I certainly appreciate your help. See if you could rotate the pic in post five.
Thank you

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts

Attachments

·
Administrator
57,423 Posts
Peter,

I have finished all of the picture uploads, and I took Editorial License to format the Text to make it a lot easier to read, and comprehend what you were saying.

TapaTalk is a bitch to work with.
It totally throws out all formatting, runs sentences together w/o spaces in between.
I refuse to use it for just that reason. I always take my laptop, and if necessary use the cellphone as a Hotspot to give the Laptop a WiFi to lock onto.

And now, unlike your trip back then, Delorme and SPOT both offer LIVE WiFi internet access.... I am beginning to think I may switch over to DeLorme... have not done that yet, but I did let my SPOT subscription run out 30 days ago.... to let me think on this new option..... it would cause me to have to buy a new tracker, but the upgrade I think would be worth it as you would be able to have LIVE telephone conversations out in the sticks where cellphone towers just are not available.

I greatly enjoyed the rereading of your thread, and I noted in one post, that you intend to continue that thread with all upcoming trips. Looking back, I can see how that can be quite beneficial.

I would like to suggest that you create an Index for each trip that looks something like this:

Post #1 Trip out west to see the ......

Post #91 Trip up to NJ to see our grandkids

Post #xxxxx you get the idea.

Then ask me to update your index, and I will put that Index into the very post of the thread. with Direct Links to the post you reference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts