Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to a 2004 1800 from an 85 1200 back in April. wanted to do a little trip on it so a friend and I rode our bikes to Deals Gap on Memorial weekend. We left Sat. morning from centrel North Carolina about 250 mi. up there , rode the Dragon and came home Sun. On Mon. my wife and I and another couple rode up to the Blue Ridge Parkway/Sparta NC area and back home. About 850 mi. for the long wknd

·
Registered
60 Posts
Clip, sounds like you had a great weekend of riding on your upgrade. Please let us know how you liked riding the 1800 compared to the last ride. What did you like or dislike about the 1800.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a fun weekend. I really like the 1800, smooth and a lot of power. We also had a H-D Ultra before the 1200 and to me this bike is just more fun to ride. My wife likes the ride better and the pass. seat is more comfortable than the others. The only con would be the tour box is a little smaller than the others but we have a luggage rack. I also need some highway pegs. Now we are planning a long trip maybe in July something she did not want to do on the other bikes. Also this bike is better on I-40 than on the Dragon lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.