5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were you there?

·
Administrator
57,678 Posts
Yes I was!!!!

and thank you for that...

I'm trying to remember who it was that fell over about a 1/3rd the way down?

I was under the tent most of the time because of not being able to handle the sun shining on me... courtesy of Mr. Penske's little truck :)

the owner of Mick-O-Pegs stopped in on us the 2nd day it was I believe, IIRC.

Loved that big caboose that was converted into a high class lodge for special company.

Andy Williams, Lopeha parked his big black Volvo 18 wheeler tractor over on the NE corner of the campgrounds.

and the guy with the Axe ha ha ha, what a hoot.... gotta keep his name a secret?
Ciaran it was.... Wexy from Ireland..... he called me on the phone while I was in the hospital after my accident.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was!!!!

and thank you for that...

I'm trying to remember who it was that fell over about a 1/3rd the way down?

I was under the tent most of the time because of not being able to handle the sun shining on me... courtesy of Mr. Penske's little truck :)

the owner of Mick-O-Pegs stopped in on us the 2nd day it was I believe, IIRC.

Loved that big caboose that was converted into a high class lodge for special company.

Andy Williams, Lopeha parked his big black Volvo 18 wheeler tractor over on the NE corner of the campgrounds.

and the guy with the Axe ha ha ha, what a hoot.... gotta keep his name a secret?
Ciaran it was.... Wexy from Ireland..... he called me on the phone while I was in the hospital after my accident.
Wasn't it Bagmaster (RIP) that tipped? He was also the sheriff, collecting fines for inappropriate behavior like swearing (Saying Harley would cost you)

And someone from Eire paid $35.00 for deer whistles at the auction.

Sadly I took few pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Yes I was there . IT was the beginning of a wonderful tradition. ITs always a good time when the Wingers gather up.
I recall a few from across the great pond,the group who came from the great northwest. The Canadian contingent and many more .
I also recall a bit a gasoline shortage going on at the time . (hurricane related?)
Big thanks to Cyote61 for offering to throw the first NASSIR at his fine place.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There wasn't a shortage of fuel overall but the distribution lines were shut down due to the weather issue. They said if everyone went about as usual and didn't hoard it would be OK but a lot of people hoarded and there were long line ups and some fights at the pumps.

We had to cut some side trips to avoid the risk of running out.

Cyote61 put a lot of time, effort and money into the event. His efforts with NASSIR 1 have enabled us to meet, face to face, with a lot of kind and interesting people.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Fortunately, due to age I suppose, what memories I do have seem to be inaccurate.

So, every day is a new adventure.
Let me tell you two things Dennis.
First , I have a bad memory.
Next, I have a bad memory
I guess this was posted before but I forgot.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I was there. I'm in the green "T" shirt trying to run the slow course in 2nd gear. It didn't work out too well... Yes it was Sheriff Mike that went down, what a great get together.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Wayne was running the event, and that's Wexy playing with Bagmaster's wing after he went over and was returning to the staging area...

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
I was at #1 had a great time. I remember Tom set the bar very high as far as a host accommodating his guest. And also thanks again for everyone there helping to get these M&G going and to where they are today.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
I have not been to one last few years. This one pretty close to me. I might make the ride over.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
It’s a distant memory now but I was at nassir 1, lots of good riding and a good time was had by all,

·
Premium Member
12,054 Posts
Random pics of the NASR events We've been to.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts