Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
New Sidecar guy
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not getting notifications when a new reply is posted to my threads.
I must have something set wrong but I can't tell what it is.
Can someone help me out?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,529 Posts
Notifications

I changed up 3 different options that you overlooked.
the way the forum has them spread out in different areas makes it hard for the user to set them all correctly w/o a lot of looking.

the one area I am not sure of yet, is receiving the emails themselves.
the forum has been having an issue where it sends them out to some folks, and not to other folks.

also, you need to check that the forum's emails are not ending up in the SPAM folder in your @yahoo.com account.

yahoo has been sending me emails, so would hope that they aren't red flagging yours.
when I post this, you "should" get an email within a minute or two.
check to see if that is so.

Also, there is one other thing you can do for "each thread", and that is to use the Advanced Editor to specify that you definitely want notifications "on this thread".

you can activate Advanced by either:
selecting "Post Reply" on left side of page below the last post.
Choose "Advanced Options/Editor" button below the regular "quick post" editor.

Once you are in Advanced mode, you can scroll down to this part and select how you want to be notified.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,503 Posts
Hmmm...?

You're right, it is checked. This happened to me once and I can't remember how I fixed it.

Do you have another e-mail address? Maybe see if this will send to that one.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,529 Posts
Yahoo is working, look at this notification when DanJ posted to your thread.
I got a notice that he posted, but not that I posted ( which is normal )

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,529 Posts
I just received two more notices, so I know that gmail is working for sure.
my current email for this forum is @gmail.com and gmail auto forwards everything to Yahoo

Attachments

·
New Sidecar guy
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK I just got home from a PGR Mission and read this thread. Not one e-Mail received in my @yahoo.com account. Nothing in my spam filter either.
My other account is also @yahoo.com.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,529 Posts
OK I just got home from a PGR Mission and read this thread. Not one e-Mail received in my @yahoo.com account. Nothing in my spam filter either.

Okay, when you made that post just now, did you make a point to use the advanced editor and Check the Box to have emails sent to you?

if you did, this post I am making should get emailed to you..

if you did not do what I just mentioned, please make a post and make an effort to check the Box to Subscribe to this thread.

if that fails to work, change your email address to your backup email.
if that fails to work, create another backup email with Gmail, or Proton.com email and most folks finally get it to work that way.

for some reason, an email address gets into the "do not send" box, or your ISP is blocking it from reaching you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try going to your profile. on the left click edit my profile. then look for "notices" there is a dropdown menu with choices. click on
"allow notices" pretty much all of them. some are automatically checked already. check that your email is correctly typed. Make sure allow replies too threads to be sent to your email, is checked. when you are done make sure you click SAVE CHANGES

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,529 Posts

Looking at your Profile in Admin Manager, it appears that you should be receiving notices for any thread that you post in.

as I mentioned, you can force that to work for each thread independently, set it to NO, or set it to YES by using the method I described in Advanced Editor and scroll down to Subscription.

here is your setting as of now:

Attachments

·
New Sidecar guy
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK I'm getting notices now. I took your advice and changed to my second e-mail and when I did that the board locked me out saying that I did not have admin approval to post.
That's why it took me so long to reply.
Thanks for your help with this.
Tom

Reactions: AZgl1800
1 - 16 of 16 Posts