Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I removed the entire fuel injection system from my LTD, and in order to make the air chamber easier to slide out, I removed the spark plug boots. What I forgot to do is mark the wires. I had marked the boots earlier with an engraver, as I did all the FI parts, to make sure I got them back in the right places. But I removed the whole thing before I realized I had not marked the wires. I cannot find this information in either my Haynes or Clymer manuals. What I need to know is how the cylinders are numbered as far as RF, RR. LF, LR, and which wire goes to which cylinder. There are 2 coils, one on the right, one on the left. Looking at it from toward the back of the bike, there is a left and right wire on each coil. I need to know which wire goes to which cylinder. No hurry on this one, bike will be down at least 2 weeks. Thanks, Jerry.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

RF = 1
RR = 3
Lf = 2
LR = 4

Just happen to look this up the other day when I had mine off to make sure I didn't cross them.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, I'm assuming 1-3-2-4 is how the cylinders are numbered. Now does anyone know which wire goes to each cylinder from the coils? Like where the right and left wires on the right coil go, and where the right and left wires on the left coil go?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

ok, this may sound stupid but the coil /spark plug wires will only reach to their correct side, in other words only 1 wire from each coil will reach to the other side right? so, you put the wires on the plugs and if they arent right then you just reverse one or both sides,,,,,,,,,, hell this isnt even sounding right to me now LOL

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

Going from right to left on the coils,1- RF,2- LF,3- RR,4- LR.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

One coil fires the FRONT two plugs (one on each side of the bike), the other fires the REAR two plugs.

IIRC Honda uses a yellow wire to the front coil (1/2) and a blue with a yellow stripe to the rear (3/4) (this might just be for the older bikes though...).

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

The LTD should be like the SEi so both coils will have a black/white and a blu/yellow.
Left coil fires plugs #3 and #4
Right coil fires plugs #1 and #2

**Front**
2 1
4 3

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Ok, I got it, and also finally understand how it works. Thanks for all the information. Jerry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.