Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Halfling (John) and family drove thru Knoxville yesterday and called me to meet up for a little while. I gave him directions to the Fountain City Diner just off I-640, which is owned by some friends of mine. John and I have conversed many times, yet we have never met until yesterday. He and his family are as warm and friendly as I knew they would be; and the time slipped away as we shared homemade pies and wonderful conversation. Long before I wanted it to end they had to continue their journey to Banner Elk, NC where they are spending the weekend with family. Meeting old friends for the first time is such a wonderful way to start a day! I hope to see them again and again just as I hope to see all the other wonderful people on this forum. Thanks for the visit, John!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:claps: Just meeting with more of Steve's family . Aint it grand :claps:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I never cease to be amazed at the quality of the members of this wonderful forum!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

Just got home a few hours ago after playing in the water all the way back! There were far too many accidents along the way that is for sure! This was one time I was happy to have been in the cage.

As you have already heard we had a very nice impromptu meet with Bernie in Knoxville and he's right on at least two counts, you meet the nicest people from this forum (Bernie is top notch) and the visit ended far too soon!

Best regards Bernie and I hope to drop in again (for a ride this time) real soon!

P.S. Thanks for picking up the tab! It's my treat next time!

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

Drat! Double post!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

John,

We need to check out some of the locations we discussed on Saturday!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Yeah John, you got to watch out for Bernie. He is sneaky about grabbing the check and his friends in the cafe takes his side always!! :ROFL:

Well I have had the pleasure to have met both of you and I know you guys will have a great time riding together! :claps:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Bill,

When are you going to honor us with another visit with your daughter? Too much time has passed!

Dubs

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Bill,

When are you going to honor us with another visit with your daughter? Too much time has passed!

Dubs
I think Bill has to get her some decent riding pants before they can make that trip.

:raspberry:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hawggy,

You sayin he can afford a new 1800 but can't buy his girl clothes?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I'm thinkin we need to take up a collection for him; but he would just spend it on gas for the bike!

Dubs

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Hawggy,

You sayin he can afford a new 1800 but can't buy his girl clothes?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I'm thinkin we need to take up a collection for him; but he would just spend it on gas for the bike!

Dubs
At Nassir 4 I offered to take her to Walmart and get a couple of pairs of those 9 Buck Jeans they have...I wear them all the time and find them just great..But I was turned down...:action:

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
imported post

Glad you where in Knoxville on a good note. My wife and I were there the other day for our nephews funeral. He was killed in a car accident. Nineteen years young.

We ran in that deluge out of there all the way down into GA on our way to FL on the 1800.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

The title of this thread made me think of a comment my son made to his grandfather, many years ago.
We were getting ready to move back to Wisconsin after nearly ten years in Kentucky. My father in law was talking to my 5 year old about the move. He asked him if he would miss all his friends in Ky.
My son responded, "That's OK, I have lots of best friends in Wisconsin. I just haven't met them yet."

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

SidecarMike,

This forum is filled with best friends just like your son had!

Dubs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.