Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well guys, I met my first member of this forum today, and I feel it necessary to issue a warning: Never, but never cross this man!!!

It was Shrek, who in response to my post, came round to collect the lower engine covers. Boy am I glad my description of them was accurate, this man was HUGE!!

When he first pulled up on the drive, and took off his helmet, I thought "hello, he isn't green and hasn't got cauliflower ears, why do they call him Shrek?"

Then he dismounted and despite the sunny weather a shadow fell over me. This guy isn't built like a brick out house, he is the Whole house!!!:goofygrin:

If we ever go to war again I want him on my side!!:clapper:

An engulfing hand shake and he thrust a promised CD manual into my hand. Luckily the accompanying smile relaxed me and we pretty quickly got on to the subject of his well sorted bike. He was very modest (again like Shrek the movie star) but I suspect a lot of loving care has gone into that bike, it looked every part the touring machine it should be. In the shortish time he visited he imparted good words of wisdom, giving me lots to think about, to do on my bike.

He complimented me on mine and agreed, eventually that it was blue not black.

He got a quick guided tour of the building site which is our house, we had a couple of cups of coffee and put the world to rights (as you do)

He has now left with the panels that he came for and I am relieved that he seemed pleased with them, I would not like to be on the receiving end of a :fighting:from his big fists!! He is off back to France tomorrow to rejoin his wife, having returned to England just to mend a small leak on a customers boiler. This proved to me that he is Shrek hearted as well as built.

A very enjoyable 1st meeting and I look foward to crossing paths with him and his good lady at a later date.

Anyone who knows

Shrek will probably know how nice he is, anyone who doesn't should meet him and make him welcome. And finally, I wouldn't advise trying to stitch him up on a deal 'cause I recon he would make a good substitute for a crane if you need your Wing picking up!:thumpingmad:

Pete

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

aaahhhhh....what a nice storey .:crying::crying::crying:...Did he have donkey with him (only joking)it is nice to see fellow forum members helping each other out ..way to go foxy..:clapper:..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
imported post

Good story indeed Silverfox. And I can only imagine that Shrek will/would have the same fine words for you.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Silverfox :clapper: Good story, and another satisfied customer. :dance:As regards his size, always remember the bigger they are the harder they fall. :thumpingmad: Thats what my trainer told me many years ago :crying:when i was qualifying for my Black Belt. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

"wexman" that was funny, "did he have a donkey with him", I needed the good laugh!

I think he may have a "Blue Ox" instead of a donkey!!

Oh, you UK guys might not know who "Paul Bunyan" is, he's about "Silverfoxes" new friends size and his friend is a giant "blue Ox"!

Hey "SilverFox' what's with the Coffee, I thought you would have a "Spot of Tea"?

Between saying "ain't" and the "Coffee" you're starting to act like us "Yankees" !:baffled:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
"wexman" that was funny, "did he have a donkey with him", I needed the good laugh!

I think he may have a "Blue Ox" instead of a donkey!!

Oh, you UK guys might not know who "Paul Bunyan" is, he's about "Silverfoxes" new friends size and his friend is a giant "blue Ox"!

Hey "SilverFox' what's with the Coffee, I thought you would have a "Spot of Tea"?

Between saying "ain't" and the "Coffee" you're starting to act like us "Yankees" !:baffled:
Sorry to disappoint you wingdawg, but you can carry on dumping the tea in Boston Harbour, as I can't stand the stuff. I am a confirmed coffeeholic. Both Helen and I drink it 'til it comes out of our wiggley ears!:toast:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Maybe you know the answer?

I use to drink 2 pots of coffee a day(lots of cups)!

And when I would go "pee" I always wondered where the "Brown" went !

No longer drink it !:baffled:

Actually i prefer "Earl Grey" tea!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Earl Grey is doctored up with flavorants, plain old Orange Pekoe is best, must be brewed so it's the color of coffee though.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey Silverfox :clapper: Good story, and another satisfied customer. :dance:As regards his size, always remember the bigger they are the harder they fall. :thumpingmad: Thats what my trainer told me many years ago :crying:when i was qualifying for my Black Belt. :weightlifter:
I always thought that was a load of crap when I was qualifying with a M1911 .45

There's always a bunch of guys showing up with a knife at a gunfight!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Do we really need to answer "where does all the "BROWN" go"? This is a GoldWing Forum, not a biology class Wingdawg!:grinner:

Helen :bash2:

(Mrs Foxy)

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Sorry "SilverFox" This a "GoldWing" Site where we should talk about riding!

On that note still trying to figure out how being "HUGE" relates to "Gold Wings" unless you were thinking of putting your "Seat" and "Handlebars" on Big Shreck and go riding?

Sorry Mate, you dropped your left and I couldn't resist !:grinner:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

So where does it go?

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Well if I ever get the chance to go to the United Kingdom again (was there for 2 weeks in 76) I will definately have to look up Silverfox, since he is a coffee drinker and I can't stand tea either. But I love my coffee.:)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Maybe you know the answer?

I use to drink 2 pots of coffee a day(lots of cups)!

And when I would go "pee" I always wondered where the "Brown" went !

No longer drink it !:baffled:

Actually i prefer "Earl Grey" tea!
The brown goes out the other end wingdawg.:clapper:

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I always thought that was a load of crap when I was qualifying with a M1911 .45

There's always a bunch of guys showing up with a knife at a gunfight!
Yes indeed Paul. Gotta love the ACP. Tricky part was learning the cross draw for my off-hand from a fannie-pack (worn around front, you know) called (I hesitate) a *** bag for Fast action Gun bag.

Although, you CAN keep your right hand on the throttle if you shoot left-handed...

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

tpwood wrote:
Good Story Silverfox, wouldn't mind meeting up with you folks across the pond also!
I hope in a few years I will be able to take a motorcyce tour in Europe. That's a dream of mine!:cooler:
One of the things I love about this group is that we are all so friendly and want to meet up with each other. One rider takes his wife and heads down through the US and back to Canada meeting other members. Another group is getting together over Labor Day Weekend. Others meet up for weekend rides as they can.

If anybody ever gets close to me (Utah, USA) I would love to meet up if at all possible. Or, if anybody would like to start planning an event (say a get-together at Mesa Verde National Park...) for next spring or something, I would love to help set it up.

You guys are ALL great.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

tpwood wrote:
Good Story Silverfox, wouldn't mind meeting up with you folks across the pond also!
I hope in a few years I will be able to take a motorcyce tour in Europe. That's a dream of mine!:cooler:
If you get through what we have chatted about, no, WHEN you get through, you get a plane ticket, from your nearest airport and fly into Heathrow or Gatwick, and you can make our house your starting point tpwood!!!:clapper:We are an hour's ride from the port for Europe and the continent is yours for the taking!!!Thats a kind of order!:whip:

And Ruaidh, or anyone else from over there, you are welcome over here any time. I would like to bet, you would get a warm welcome all over the world, linked by the common bond of the motorbikes we ride and the type of folks who ride big heavy tourers!

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
Although, you CAN keep your right hand on the throttle if you shoot left-handed...

Ruaidh
Yep I am. I was glad that by the time I got drafted the Army was more interested in whether you could hit anything than which hand you used.

Years ago Ichased down Arctic foxes with a snogo. We used to have a big problem with rabid foxes around the village. Being left handed was a real advantage, I didn't have to stop tofire a shot. Yahoo!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

exavid wrote:
Ruaidh wrote:

Ruaidh
Yep I am. I was glad that by the time I got drafted the Army was more interested in whether you could hit anything than which hand you used.

Years ago Ichased down Arctic foxes with a snogo. We used to have a big problem with rabid foxes around the village. Being left handed was a real advantage, I didn't have to stop tofire a shot. Yahoo!
Is the humble deer a sacred critter in the states? how come they haven't been shot out of existance like the other hairy beasts?:gunner:

pete

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.