Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1985 stripped down 1200 goldwing it was an interstate. I’m trying to refurbish the bike and make it more of a chopper, question my metal brake lines are a mess can I replace them with new lines (not metal) and rid the existing bent metal lines can all three lines be replaced with new hoses etc?

·
Registered
350 Posts
You can as long as you make sure they cant move and/or chaff on anything but you could also replace with nice shiney cunifer pipe

·
Premium Member
12,750 Posts
If you can find a hydraulic hose shop , they may be able to build you a complete set of StainlessBraided hoses to run the full length you need from point to point.(master to caliper) Yes the short runs as well to the pressure differential (proportioning) valve.

·
Premium Member
6,368 Posts
A long run of steel braided line will still increase lever/pedal travel compared to metal. Steel braided is better than a fabric braid but metal lines are the way to go for as much as you can for the best brake performance. Obviously flexible line is necessary wherever there is movement but that really is the only place you really want to use flexible and even then shorter is better.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Make yourself some new metal lines and minimize the rubber or SS braid, you'll save$$$ and get better feel. Once you get a tube bender and a good flare tool, it's easy and if you learn to do the right flares, you can reuse your fillings.

·
Administrator
22,382 Posts
Make yourself some new metal lines and minimize the rubber or SS braid, you'll save$$$ and get better feel. Once you get a tube bender and a good flare tool, it's easy and if you learn to do the right flares, you can reuse your fillings.
So, does he ask for them back when the dentist removes them? :? >:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts