Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've recently relocated my 2001 GL1800 from Canada to Mexico and need to order a new speedo for it. As Mexico doesn't sell wings the dealer here in Guadalajara is totally useless about which parts to order. Could one of you fellow Canadian either point me to an online metric fiche or pop into a Canadian dealer and confirm part numbers. From what I see on the US sites there are inner and outer part numbers with the outer being the face itself. The inner may not have to be metric with the outer doing the calculations. not sure on that but the part numbers will tell the story. I would apprecaite direct contact at [email protected] as I'm not on this site too often.

Sorry I am posting this again in the correct forum.

Thanks in advance,

Albert

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

[align=left]Oh, I see what you mean now..I thought you were replacing it because you had to work with a US based speedo for importing purposes..[/align]
[align=left]It does sound like you have a speedo sensor issue of another speed face issue.. It may be a ground issue as well.[/align]
[align=left]I'm not sure where the input sensor is located off the top of my head.[/align]
[align=left]I'm sure it's in the repair manual though.. Hopefully you have one. if not, it is a good idea to get one even if only to have an idea what a mechanic tells you on how a repair is performed.[/align]
[align=left]All the best with finding this out. [/align]
[align=left]Tom[/align]

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

hola paisano... i dont know about the part number for your wing, but its really nice to see more ppl from mx on the forum. i hope you like it and stay with us for a long time. i think i dont need to tell you to be very careful and not leave ur wings in hands of any mechanic. You know its really hard to find a mechanic that really knows about complex bikes like yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.