Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started building what's going to be a rental house for people wanting to visit this area.
It is a stone throw away from my house in a good neighborhood . 2 car garage, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. It's about 10 min ride to a great beach.
We'll try to price it reasonably so people from Scottsdale,Arizona and other places can visit us. I'll post a few progress pictures as construction moves along

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
wow!

that is super nice of you Peter.
hoping for short term, or inviting longer term visitors?

wondering how that can work out financially for you?

all that rebar standing up so high, indicates it has to meet the new Hurricane regulations?

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rebar, John, gets tied to an 8ft vertical bar which continues thru the block to a poured concrete lintel. Actually a double lintel. The block gets filled with cement in rebar area.
They want them strong around here.

Its going to be short stay at the house just as Airbnb.
I hope financially its going to work due to the area's demand. Daytona is just 16 miles North and Cape Canaveral about that far South.
I want most of the business to be referrals.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to be at the Southeast Meet 'n Greet in Homosassa, Fl
next March 15th.....

maybe you will be our next stop?
only 145 miles or so?
If I get the C/O by then you might be the first guest.
I most likely will attend that meet'n greet

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
If I get the C/O by then you might be the first guest.
I most likely will attend that meet'n greet
We will have our Toy Hauler with the Piaggio MP3 in the garage.
My daughter, Cynthia will be with me, and our two "puppies" >:) both are in the 75-85 lb weight class.....

we like the Toy Hauler as it allows the dogs to have a nice place to stay that they are comfortable with, while we are on "walk about" during the day. if we have shore power, A/C is super easy, if not, then we run the GenSet so the A/C can be used.

Thinking about this aspect, as part of your BnB, provide at the front corner of the garage an outside box for RV trailers to have a 30 amp service.

http://www.myrv.us/electric/Pg/30amp_Service.htm
but with your background, you already know this.

I like your BnB idea.

We might just be asking for "parking space" for the Toy Hauler to be off the street... and just use the facilities for my daughter to access a nice shower facility... RVs are doable, but restrictive.

At the Meet 'n Greet, the RV will be at an RV park and my daughter will have the Suburban to get around with when she needs to "go shopping".... girls like to shop ya know 0:)

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right down the street from me as I am living in Port Orange. We should do an RTE sometime. Or just ride.
Super! Finally I get a chance to meet someone from the forum. I can meet you for lunch at Hidden Treasure by the water. Almost any day is fine. Let me know

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the top of the wall course. You can see the rebar going down and getting tied to the rebar from the slab. The whole thing gets filled with concrete.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Block wall is done. Tomorrow will be inspection for rebar and Thursday the last two courses get filled in along with the column where there is a downrod
There is a tape between second and third course to prevent cement from running down

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
I have never been to Florida, someday I hope, wife's aunt lives in Orlando, but she doesn't have a very big place but we want to go visit her sometime

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
I was in Homosassa, FL for a week, then we had to start back north....
did a layover in Tybee Island, GA for 4 days, we are now in Dawsonville, GA

spent 3 nights at Shrine RV Park just south of Macon, GA...
an okay place, will be nice when it is done....
bad side? it is backed up to I-75, like only about 50 feet from the berm!!!

had i known that, I would have chosen a site on the far side of the plat, like 600 feet away from that slab...... I heard the damn tires singing on the concrete slabs all night long. :(

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I heard the damn tires singing on the concrete slabs all night long. :(
Last week I went to NJ to meet the new grandchild. My wife arrived in there like 3 weeks before me to help my daughter and son law with watching the kids, cooking etc.
When I asked her what to bring she said EAR PLUGS. I did.
I slept well all 4 nights I was in there and never heard the baby waking up to eat. Besides, always using them on long trips on the bike I use them when at not very quite hotels. They keep me sane (somewhat)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts