Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finally the house is complete. A few days ago we have received the C/O
The inspector congratulated us on the looks and quality of the house.
Prior to this we had to plant some more trees, install tracks for storm shutters and pass the Blower Door Test (not misspelled). in which they measure air exchanges per hour.

During construction I have installed cameras which could be viewed on tv or remotely on my phone
So what happened to " me casa su casa"? NO MAS
As i mentioned in some other forum we put all the real-estate on the market in NJ and our son will relocate here. Our old house across the street will be his.
Within 2-3 months we will start " me casa su casa" part deux on another lot. Andrew has passed the contractors test(very stringent) and will learn on field how to build homes.
Now were running around buying furniture. Here are some pics

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Peter, First off, Lovely house. I am curious way the tape to separate the courses to keep the concrete from filling all the way?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Peter, First off, Lovely house. I am curious way the tape to separate the courses to keep the concrete from filling all the way?
Thank you Rick
The last filled course is called lintel which is filled with concrete. In my area it is required only one while in Broward County they require the last 2 blocks to be filled. There is a map with wind zones in the whole US which says in what zone you are. But my architect is from Broward County so he did it his standard way.
Every window and door has rods in the sides and the block is filled all the way down. Otherwise a plain wall has columns of filled block every 8 ft or so.
To answer your question, it is because of the cost, They think this way is sufficient

21 - 26 of 26 Posts