Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi all

i got some headsets from starcom andwas told they could be adapted for a goldwing, however i can get the speakers to work fine but the mic gives a lot of feedback regardless of volume , any ideas?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

HAte to say it, but the Starcoms are rubbish. You will probably end up having to experiment with filters to fix this. I was talking to some of the guys from Essex Wings about this recently. If I can get in touch with them I'll ask what the outcome was.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

There always seems to be some problem with Starcoms. I've read plenty of mixed reports about them.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

I would like to have a cable for compatablity between StarCom1 headsets and Goldwing headsets, like the GH-000 cable shown above

I have two different bikes and want to move between two communication systems, and use the same headset (I prefer the goldwing headset as that is the one I have)

I believe the mics on the StarCom1 headsets are electric and the Goldwing/Harley microphones are dynamic.

Did you have any luck with getting the mic to work?

Anyone have any thoughts ?

I thought of using the StarCom1 HONDA GOLDWING – Enhancement System as a stand alone system, one issue is the volume control , Or using StarCom1 Advance on the Goldwing, and be able to continue to use the existing goldwing features like the handle bar controls for volume and FM radio station changing and Mute button?

Does anyone know if there are other issues?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.