Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trapped the local honda dealership into matching an online price.
Just paid 169 including tax for a 150/90-15, date code july last year.
I could hear the parts manager going ballistic in the backroom.
He walked out and literally glared at me while I finished my transaction.

I had planned on bringing the bike there to have the tire changed but now I'm not so sure.

thats the amazon link if you're interested. Hope they live up to the hype!!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Commander-Cruiser-Rear-Tire/dp/B006RQCF7M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1368820934&sr=8-3&keywords=michelin+commander+II+150%2F90-15[/ame]

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,192 Posts
I love mine!!!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About a thousand miles later, looking forward to replacing the front and running a matched set.
nice, quiet, haven't been caught in the rain yet, but they still look new.

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
I rode my Michelin Commander II (rear) in the rain today sticks better than a 404, e2, shinko tourmaster.

I like mine.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I killed the engine, coasted down from 40 to a stop, can not hear the rear (commander II) but could hear the front perelli and a new noise also in the front.
love 'em so far

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I liked that commander II I had on my 1200. I had about 2000 miles on it when I sold it and the tire still looked new. I'd be curious to see what you get for mileage. If they wear well I might just get one for the 1800.

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
I wouldn't be going back.

The two Conti's I just got for my FJR, I talked to the folks at my Cycle gear, who showed me her cost on the tires vs. my match. We agreed on a price that gave her a little profit, but was less than the price on the tire. And she knocked off the recycle fee...

THAT'S customer service... and that's who should be going to..... IMHO

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I bought mine I had researched them quite a bit - checked reviews, other forums, etc. Majority of people loved them, woudld never buy another Dunlop, Yokohama yada, yada yada. Main thing is most of them claimed to be getting 15K on both front & back tires with no problems. As I said, mine have 9k on them and look like they aren't even 1/2 worn. Jobe05, ever tried a car tire on the back? My friend I believe has 35K on his 1800 back tire, which is a car tire, with little to no difference in handling or ride.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
My 1500 has developed a "road noise" in the front that I presume is the tire. Tires look good but I'm thinking it's "time" for new ones. I'll check out the Mich II's, anyone else here care to comment on tires for a 2000 1500?

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bought them in May, its October, I have put about 3500 miles on them, like them enough (its time to replace the front) I'm going to start shopping for a Michelin Commander II front.
might even try and change it myself...we'll see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.