Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelin Motorcycle Tires

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  newday777 
#1 ·
imported post

I just read that Michelin Commander II tires are available for motorcycles. I am a Michelin fan for my vehicles but know nothing about Michelin motorcycle tires except being told last year that they were not available. Now, it appears that they are available for my Wing. Anyone have any experience with them????

Chief

#2 ·
imported post

Alas we are all still reeling with the discontinuation of the Pilot GT... pretty much the best tire ever for the GL1500.

:sadguy:

#3 ·
imported post

seabeechief wrote:
I just read that Michelin Commander II tires are available for motorcycles. I am a Michelin fan for my vehicles but know nothing about Michelin motorcycle tires except being told last year that they were not available. Now, it appears that they are available for my Wing. Anyone have any experience with them????

Chief
I didn't look at them for the 1800 but they don't have them in GL1500 sizes. :sadguy: I was hoping that these were the tires to replace the Pilot's but not to be. I'd be interested to hear what you think of them if you go with them for your 1800.

John

#4 ·
imported post

us385south wrote:
Alas we are all still reeling with the discontinuation of the Pilot GT... pretty much the best tire ever for the GL1500.

:sadguy:
I hear ya,,,,,,,,,, I only have one set of half worn Pilot GT's mounted on my spare rims,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and only one BrandNew set waiting to go on the other rims. Don't know what I'll do forthe 2013 season :sadguy:

:raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

#5 ·
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Don't know what I'll do forthe 2013 season :sadguy:
I'll be done with my last set this year, probably early Summer. :sadguy: I'm glad I bought an extra set when I did or I'd already be on another brand.

John

#6 ·
imported post

Well, I'll tell ya guys.
I am kinda slow on turns and twisties normally myself.

Well, today I cut up some turns and removed some metal from my pegs!
I still love the Austone Taxi on the rear of my 1500, I laid her over several times today that I hit my boot on the road once and gave me a scare, foot was on peg, and I really ground her out a couple other times though I had my feet in better position.

The more I ride the Austone Taxi it seems the harder I hit the turns!
I know there is a limit, I hope I don't find it!
I was following a Corvette today for about 75miles of twisties, either they could not drive or I was doing pretty well. LOL
The Corvette was in my way and I was hoping they'd turn soon!

I think when you drop the bike over far enough the tail pipe hits that pretty well somes it up, and I think I did today a couple times! I'll have to look for scuff marks in morning since I got home at Midnight even up.

500 miles on the clock today, some good fun roads durring daylight, some in the dark bad roads at night, all were fine.
And the GPS took me on some dirt gavel roads to which I was not happy about but the tire ran well.

#7 ·
imported post

I feel the same about my wintersport... I am diving into turns deeper and with more confidence than I did the the GT's and certainly more than I did this the Dunlops.

#8 ·
imported post

seabeechief wrote:

Chief

Chromo wrote:
Well, I'll tell ya guys.

I still love the Austone Taxi on the rear of my 1500, I laid her over several times today that I hit my boot on the road once and gave me a scare, foot was on peg, and I really ground her out a couple other times though I had my feet in better position.

I was following a Corvette today for about 75miles of twisties, either they could not drive or I was doing pretty well. LOL

I think when you drop the bike over far enough the tail pipe hits that pretty well somes it up, and I think I did today a couple times! I'll have to look for scuff marks in morning since I got home at Midnight even up.

500 miles on the clock today, some good fun roads durring daylight, some in the dark bad roads at night, all were fine.
And the GPS took me on some dirt gavel roads to which I was not happy about but the tire ran well.

And yetANOTHER motorcycle tire thread turns into the 'you should use a car tire' thread.

Bill

#9 ·
imported post

77Pinto wrote:
seabeechief wrote:
I just read that Michelin Commander II tires....
Chromo wrote:
Well, I'll tell ya guys...
Funny how that happens on almost any thread concerning tires...

One has to pause and consider... WHY?

Why does the subject of car tires keep coming up... again... and again... and again?

Like global warming... It just keeps rearing it's ugly head.

#10 ·
imported post

Hey guys,

I contacted Revzilla and inquired about the Michelin tires. So solly, we are out of ruck. No good Michelin tires for our Wings. Thanks to all who responded to by request for info. Stay safe and stay in touch.

Chief

#11 ·
imported post

77Pinto wrote:
seabeechief wrote:

Chief

Chromo wrote:
Well, I'll tell ya guys.

And yetANOTHER motorcycle tire thread turns into the 'you should use a car tire' thread.

Bill
No, just giving an option to think on if you don't find the MC tire you like.

I also meant to mention in there I had a little more worry about the front MC tire holding a couple times than I did the rear tire. The front is a Michelin.

#12 ·
imported post

77Pinto wrote

Bill
Well Bill,
If the M/C tire makers :lash:would put out a good tire, you probably wouldn't be getting this happening. Blame them bro.
I wouldn't have gone to the darkside if they did. Lots others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.