Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

is there a book or a map of great roads to ride in michigan..i know every ride is a good one , just would like to know of the scenic rides ..thanks for any help. rich :?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

we've ridden in Michigan some, upper peninsula mainly, but also across the Mac Bridge and around the "thumb" to Port Huron...... but our favorite, I think, was

Copper Harbor Run (Keweenaw Peninsula)

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Forget the east half of the state, head west. US 131 or 31 along the Lake Michigan shoreline up to Harbor Springs is as good as Michigan gets. Then if you cross the Mighty Mac you can wander west on US2 and enjoy more views of the lake and some great swimming. While there you may as well see some sights like Palms Book State Park (The Big Spring), and maybe even go crazy and do a Lake Superior Loop up into Canada. All fabulous and none of it too far from home.

For a short day trip I'd take Seymour Rd out through the Waterloo area, all 35 mph and plenty curvy. Then cut over to Chelsea and hit M52 south to Cabella's in Dundee. It's pretty there and you wind up at Cabella's! Win-win! Then meander west on US-12 to Artesian Hills and soak up the sights at Town and Country Motorcycles. Maybe buy that gray 1800 trike they have on the showroom floor. :)

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks so much sounds like great advice..but i always get great answers on here...thanks again rich

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

Rich, from Onsted I'd pick up US 12 west. Lots of small towns and a few twisties. I'd suggest either staying on 12 all the way to New Buffalo or you could detour south on 13 (same as US 131) into Indiana and tour Amish communities (I know it's not in Michigan but scenic country with lots of rolling hills and some twisties, also some very quint B & Bs). Pick a spot and head north back into Michigan. Once you hit the lakeshore, catch the Red Arrow Highway. Heading north, you'll pass through wine country and many areas where you can follow right along the shore (appropriately named "Shoreline Drive" or Lakeshore Dr. in many areas). US 31 is a somewhat faster north-south route if you need to make better time. I'm fairly familiar with the area from Holland to Ludington but north and south of that are spotty to me. If you're planning a trip this way let me know and we may be able to hook up for a meal and some miles together.

Steve

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Upper Peninsula has some really nice rides. Keweenaw Peninsula, Marquette to Munising is a nice ride, Tequanomina Falls area and Machinaw Bridge. Once you cross the bridge to LP you can run 23 down along the Lake Huron side. Thats a nice ride as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.