Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, almost, you can still get the job done, just not as handily as before now.
make sure you have Firefox, or other favorite browser installed first :)

·
Magic Moderator
4,634 Posts
Windows10 seems to be getting even more invasive and I'm glad I gave up on it and stayed with Linux.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only reason I keep it on this laptop, on a separate SSD, is I need to be able to research for problems that come up on Cyndi's ACER once in a while.
AND the big nut, is TurboTax will only run on Win10 now.
I refuse to use a cloud service for my taxes. way too risky to have my info out there on the 'net.....

today, she got a message that says her version of Windows is End of Service.
researched that, and all it means is, she won't be getting any security updates.

well, we blocked those 2 years ago, and she is using AVAST to stop the vermin.
has not had a vermin stop by for a foul message or eat up her work.

·
Magic Moderator
4,634 Posts
The only thing I have to worry about is my cross stitch program as that runs on Windows7. I just put a new RTC battery in it.

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
Maybe they can try to make people keep the browser but they can't make them use it. Don't think anyone uses IE anymore. My son said IE is a browser to download another browser with.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I have win 7 on this laptop, dual boot with linux. I hardly ever use the Win 7 any more. My wife has a Win 10 laptop, but has pretty much stopped using it. She lives on her phone. I've been thinking about setting up dual boot on it, just keeping the win10 partition for history. I hate win10. I'm still running 18.3 on my laptop. It's been working very well for me.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved 18.3 Cinnamon until I bought a faster, better screen on this laptop... it is Anti-Reflective with a Matt finish to it....

the other laptop screen resembles the bathroom mirror, you see everything around, and behind you.... hated that thing.

I'm using 19.3 Cinnamon now..... tried LM20 Beta and it is a piece of crap.
maybe, one day, if it makes it to 20.3 it will be okay.

but, I just read yesterday, that none of the apps from 19.3 will run in native mode on LM20, it has a whole new underlying framework. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts