Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,533 Posts
This was several years ago, that orange bike used to be Lopeha's
he sold it some time ago.

·
Administrator
26,006 Posts
Made it home after stopping off to visit my Mom & others.

·
Administrator
26,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Made it home around 1:40, then busy with chores until dark. Going back to work tomorrow so I can get some rest. Had a great time & want to Thank everyone for making it a great event!

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
14 Posts
Made it home safe. Left a 2am, not a sole on the road. Just one opossum stepped out to challenge. Kept it under under 35 till I reached double lanes.
These things are always too short, so much to see and do.

Thanks one and all, or rather "y'all" :)

·
Pwhoever
3,152 Posts
I just got to the Wisconsin place about an hour ago. Got stuck in a few heavy traffic jams around Springfield and Jefferson City but the rest of the ride went pretty good. It started to rain on me around Bloomington IL but I got out of there quick after seeing lightning in the distance. A check of the radar on next gas stop showed I made the right choice and it turned into a pretty ugly storm. I ended up logging just over 3400 miles on my first and probably only trip of the year so I had to make it a blowout...

But it was great catching up with friends and meeting new ones. I cant wait for the next gathering.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got home to Selma Ca. Wed night at 7 pm. Long ride in the wind. I had a good time at the Meet And Great. I met a lot of Really nice people that know how to have a good time. I wish I could remember name's. Thank You all .

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Glad you made it home okay, Jerry. Enjoyed visiting and riding with you. Ya'll come back again.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,533 Posts
Was really glad to meet up with you Jerry,
I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about your band's tribulations and the concerts that you helped to put together.

that was quite a trip you made, big wide circle.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Just curious. It has been 11 and 12 days since the meet. Wondering how everyone is doing. ?? Is everyone OK? No Covid symptoms? Karen and I are fine. Actually planning another overnight ride this weekend on Old Yeller.

Reactions: lopeha

·
Administrator
26,006 Posts
Just curious. It has been 11 and 12 days since the meet. Wondering how everyone is doing. ?? Is everyone OK? No Covid symptoms? Karen and I are fine. Actually planning another overnight ride this weekend on Old Yeller.
Doing fine. Went for a short 270 miles today.

Reactions: dingdong

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,533 Posts
I am doing fine, been wanting to get the 1800 out and go for a ride.
No symptoms of anything like a flu for me.
Only problem I have is my left knee, a result of some jerk backing out of the Best Western lot next to the Restaurant without clearing both right and left of his car, he almost backed over top of me.

I jumped back so hard, that I hurt my left knee, and it is just now beginning to almost feel normal again. but it still does not want to support my weight very well..... I should have called a cop and got his license and insurance information.... was so shocked at it, that I let him go :(

Let's arrange a RTE in the middle of the OkieArkie bunch somewhere??
I am game to go riding now that the temps are cooling off.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
No problems with me, feeling great

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I was going to suggest the Robbers Cave gathering but I just found out it is canceled this year.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Karen and I have reservations at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge this Friday. (Karens birthday). Anyone wants to meet in (perhaps) in Talahina ??and ride the to the lodge with us please come. We will buy the first beer when we get there.

We can be in Talahina by noon.

·
Administrator
26,006 Posts
Karen and I have reservations at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge this Friday. (Karens birthday). Anyone wants to meet in (perhaps) in Talahina ??and ride the to the lodge with us please come. We will buy the first beer when we get there.

Sounds tempting, Chuck & I were just talking about going up there today. Count me out on the beer though, I have to ride home.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,533 Posts
let me check my knee to see if I can hold the 1800 up, if I can, would like to go.

·
Administrator
26,006 Posts

Where do you want to meet in Talahina?

101 - 120 of 130 Posts