Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,860 Posts
Dave, I don't know where. Will have to do some looking around. Suggestions welcome.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,860 Posts
Well after a search there is nada in Talihina. How about old faithful? The McDonalds in Wilburton. Noonish.

·
Administrator
27,549 Posts
Well after a search there is nada in Talihina. How about old faithful? The McDonalds in Wilburton. Noonish.
There is a cafe in Talahina, Pams something or other on your right as you roll into town on 63 & I don't do McDs if I can help it.
Sent you a PM Tom.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,860 Posts
Pams diner it is. It is 180 miles to Talihina for us on the back roads. It could be as late as 1 pm befere we get there.

·
Administrator
27,549 Posts
It's about 120 for me, see ya there.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,860 Posts
let me check my knee to see if I can hold the 1800 up, if I can, would like to go.
Hey John. How is the knee? Think you can make the ride?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,292 Posts
Hey John. How is the knee? Think you can make the ride?
It is getting better, I will wait until tomorrow to see how things go with me and the bike,
will post up here with the results.

Oh, just remembered that my daughter is delivering mail this Saturday, and we have a rule, if she is doing a mail run, I do NOT leave the house.

Twice she has had to call me for car repairs, both flat tires.
1) sliced open the sidewall on a very sharp Red Brick
2) found two Roofing Nails in the tread.

I have ordered up a spare OEM steel wheel and mounted up a regular size tire.
this will allow me to change a tire fast, without having to completely unload all of the mail and packages from the car to get to that dumb little Donut Tire... ( did that the first time in 102* heat, almost killed me )

Just a few minutes ago, I replaced the Passenger Side outside mirror, it got hung up on a Mailbox and destroyed it..... this USPS mail job for rural routes does not pay unless you can survive long enough to become a Regular Route person....

the girl who runs our mail route has had to replace two Jeeps, both of them having had the transmissions overhauled twice.... why buy a Jeep? none of them are reliable, every Jeep on the local mail routes has been in the shop for something this year....

The Common Denominator of all the people with Transmission problems is they are not patient and allow the car/Jeep to pick up speed slowly, all of them are Pedal to the Metal folks, and that goes for their Brakes as well....
Stupid the way they drive.
and one guy has a big Hummer, same problem, Transmission blew up.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,860 Posts
Sorry you won't be able to make it. Next time.

·
Administrator
27,549 Posts
Oh, just remembered that my daughter is delivering mail this Saturday, and we have a rule, if she is doing a mail run, I do NOT leave the house.
It's Friday, not Saturday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pam's Hateful Hussy Diner.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts