Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I have a 92 GL 1500 Aspencade and was thinking of replacing the middle reflector on the rear directly under the licence plate with the replacement tail/stop light so there are lights all the way across the back,my question is if anyone has done this? andwhat type bulbs are in there because I would like to change them to LED when I install it?

:waving:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

My 92 Aspencade has the centre panel lens with running lights only. It was installed on the bike before I bought it (most likely dealer installed when new) The bulbs that would be used in a running/brake light there, would be a pair 1157s

Minedoesn't have the brake light option, but I installed some additional LED strips to act as brake lights, hooked up to my Sinal Dynamics Back Off XP brake light modulator. :?

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/O5XthboA8qo&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Check out the back side of the reflector, there might be the holes for twist in sockets or tje spot to cut them in for a socket from auto parts.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

The Show Chrome brake & tail light replacement uses two 1157 style bulbs. Nice upgrade.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

That is also what I have but I will admit that I have taken the whole assembly apart. I used chrome tape and cut it to size replacing the back reflectors and putting it on the top and bottom inside the reflector andyou get about twice as much light coming out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.