·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Be sure to dust off your deer whistles!

·
Premium Member
1984 Aspencade
298 Posts
It leaves Grand Rapids at midnight, hence the title.

I met them at there first or second stop in 2001, and it was something to see half of a Walmart parking take 45 minutes to empty...also seeing that many bikes at night ahead on the freeway.... Used to be a couple of thousand or more, not sure about now...

I had a snowmobile suit on and was still cold. That plus I had been up all day and was getting tired, so I turned around, found a gas station, and crashed until daylight.

My wife and I have went up with a group to the bridge the day before a couple of times, and watched them show up in the morning...

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Few deer or night time critter worrys when you're in a solid pack and the lead is 20 minutes ahead of you. It's a hell of a big gathering. Leaves the Meijers parking lot, US131 in Rockford Mi at Midnight and slowly winds its way north picking up small groups and entertaining late night revelers along the way. Crosses The Mackinac Bridge right around 8 a.m. A few hours of sleep and a good meal followed by local riding and a light parade (GoldWings and lights? yeah dime a dozen ya know) down the main drag of St Ignace that night. I'd recommend it at least once to those considering it.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
:ROFL:...A midnight ride through ...Detroit?

I'd have to put on my ugly face for that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.