Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and the Mrs. are still prepping for our trip to NASSIR6
Just throwing out that we will be leaving Mid Missouri on Saturday the 13th.
Plan right now is to head north to Cedar Rapids Iowa and then onto Madison Wisconsin, then north to perhaps Gwinn MI or straight to Sault Saint Marie. Then on to Semcoe Ontario. Arriving on the afternoon of the 15th.

Have not figured where we will be overnighting yet.

anyone else that is attending is welcome to tag along.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Your taking the long way to Simcoe,but it is a good ride .we did it two years ago but came from on Canada to the UP of Michigan.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it seems the plan has changed; we will be taking a more direct route, trying to stay off the interstate as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I'm might be still up in the air on my route, it all depends on if Hafling's wife gets her passport. What route & time line are you think of now?

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm might be still up in the air on my route, it all depends on if Hafling's wife gets her passport. What route & time line are you think of now?
I plugged in your location and Somerset In. seems to be the place that our paths would meet up. Although if you came straight south to Bloomington you could meet up with us there.

I don't have a hard fast time line, figure we are going to rely on how the wife is feeling. But imagine that 300-350 miles a day is what she will tolerate and be willing to get back on the bike the next day. Trying to make this a good memorable trip. Will probably be stopping for gas/rest every 1.5 hours or so.

Mclean Ill looks like the most probable first stop. There is a Super 8 located there and its 336 from home.

Right now I am using the Yahoo Maps site to see the route, and staying off the interstate. If you plug Windsor Mo and Simcoe (Norfolk) Ontario into the site, that should give you the route we are looking at so far. Everything is subject to change. If you have suggestions I am open to looking at them.

Are we there yet!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
We're out as far as meeting anyone for the ride to Simcoe, we just don't know at this point and it's not looking very good at all (passport issues). If we make it then I'll see you all there, if not then I'm sure our paths will cross at some point! :sadguy:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
I left Mon. morning for Simcoe, I was in Providence, R.I. visiting my son on Thursday and got a call from my wife that she had passed with flying colors, a very important part of her job that she was working on for many months and hours. I congradulated her and told her how proud I was of her. That being said, I decided Friday, as I was getting ready to leave for Maine and then to Nassir, that wasn't enough, so I jumped on the ole concrete slab and went home to take her out to dinner, it was a hard ride of 8 hours and making a wrong turn, I went into the city of N.Y., not fun at all. When I got home, she was still at work and I wanted to surprise her, but I had to call her to let her know that I was home, too many times she works real late. Well she got home, I went to take her out, no reservation, got to the resturant, and a hour wait to be seated, no can do, it ended up a date at "Five Guys", a burger and fries with pop. What a girl, she was as happy as a kid with a candy bar. Well now, it's time to start to load up the bike and start the trip back to Nassir, again...........see yo'al soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I'll be damned........ There is some romance in you isn't there Luddy?.............

I knew it!

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
I'll be damned........ There is some romance in you isn't there Luddy?.............

I knew it!

Who's kept now, John???? HUH!!! HUH!!!!!:lash:

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Ok......... It's a close tie .......... Very friggen close...............

All I can do is hope and pray that my day will come........

But!!!!

When it comes down to "He who dies with most WINS" .............

I forfeit the game to you now........ Luddy can't even come close to that..........

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have made it as far as New Haven In. Should be able to get to Simcoe tomorrow
Lots of Corn along the way..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.