Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Just confirmed reservations. Woo Hoo! We are so ready. See you there.

I haven't heard but is there still an auction Sunday evening???

Just so you know the temperature is supposed to be 80. Fantastic. Usually around 90 or above.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Yes there is & it's Saturday evening. The weather looks fantastic for next weekend!

We will leave here Wednesday morning, traveling to Paducah Ky. Wifes wants to see the quilt museum. We are staying in a motel Wed night, going to museum Thursday morning, then heading across into Arkansas, going to stop in Walnut Ridge to have lunch with relatives. After lunch we are going to ride to the campground where we will set up our tent for the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone for the first time.

We will arrive Thursday afternoon, checking into the Harrison RV Campgrounds.

set up the RV for Cyndi and the doggies, sleep there overnight, and meet y'all for breakfast Friday morning ( y'all come early now, ya heah? ) :rofl:

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Made it home at 10:30. Had a great time!

Home at 1:30. 600 great miles. Karen, Old Yeller and I really enjoyed meeting some new friends. Seeing old friends is always a good thing. Til the next meet.

Reactions: lopeha
Made it home at 2:15PM, Left at 6:45AM. 1,115 Miles for the weekend. Great weather and Temp.

Attachments

Going to take a couple of days.
Tmw going to Andy's to help with computer stuff.
and pick up some mower parts from John Gardner.

Another great gathering! Thank you Andy and Scott for putting this together. It was nice to catch up with everyone else and meet some new folks. Not sure on my total mileage but I know I went about 800 miles on my journey to Harrison and about the same on my way home via Fort Scott, KS. Thanks to Walt and Jeff for showing the way to Kansas. I decided to take back roads all the way across MO but started second guessing my choice when the first road was Wagon Road and ended up with several more roads with several miles of gravel. It got much better after that but it was a bit slow going. I made it to Havana, IL with about 600 miles for the day by around 8:30 but had a couple close calls with the deer and fog was starting to get a bit thick in the fields. I still had about 200 miles today but that was a breeze. So 800 down, 800 back, and several hundred miles while there. Probably the most riding I have done all year...

have not made it to home as of yet.

overnighted with Lopeha's nice wife, Pam.....
fixed her PC so the scanner will work now.

then looked at Andy's PC and he had a list of things in his wish book, took care of all of those.

Made it home, safe and sound at 8 PM today.
what was supposed to be an easy 5 hour trip, turned into 12 hours.

Tire problems again..... Suburban started shaking like a !%^^ and we thought that I-40 was getting worse and worse.....

Stopped at several truck fuel stops and checked the tire for temperature and pressure, all okay.... 3 times I did that.....

each time we got back on I-40, the thumping was WORSE!!!

Finally, leaving Webber Falls headed north, a road that is slick as glass, I knew for sure, the tires were coming apart just like last year.

Pulled into the Walmart in Muskogee OK, and waited our turn.....
and waited....
finally 3 new tires to match the 2 new ones on the front....

now get this, I told them I am towing a big heavy trailer, and I want 10 ply tires, just like on the front, and 85 psi.......

we get back on the road, and every 18 wheeler that passes us, pushes the truck and trailer off the road??? or at least it tries to....

stop and check the tire pressures..... 35 psi ???? WTH is this ??

keep going until I find a fuel stop with air......
pulls like a dream now with lots of air in the tires.

but all of that nonsense just takes up a LOT of time.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.