Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say what you want, these things work. I have always been blessed with great vision, but in later years my close up vision has grown a hair fuzzy. I still see 15-20 at distances Doc says explaining that I was reading the 15 foot line for 20-20 at 20 feet. No floaters, and extensive examination at UVA to make sure no lymphoma in them either. A few years ago I started with like 1.75 readers, bought some advertised readers that featured a slight magnification but forget name.

Well, a week ago I took delivery on the Mighty Sight glasses I had seen on TV and ordered (opting for with the second pair for shipping only). These feature LEDs in the temples. I love these things for close reading. 160% magnification, lights that you activate with a soft button in left temple, two LEDs … and after a few hours no dimming noted? They come with a USB charge cord too, and a soft carrier with pocket for the cord. The light is great for reading in an otherwise unlit room or close work like in your home service box. Just charged them for the first time, but now I just use them lightless. Extra pair on hand will go into shop.

I am not a salesman.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just make sure the the Doc checks you for macular degeneration. My mother went blind in one eye almost overnight. It was the 'wet' kind. A vessel in the retina pops and lifts the retina from the back of the eye, no amount of corrective lenses will help after that.

·
Administrator
24,668 Posts
Is there a web site for those? I don't watch any regular TV. Sounds like they might be handy for working in dark places.
Never mind, I see Wal Mart has them.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just make sure the the Doc checks you for macular degeneration. My mother went blind in one eye almost overnight. It was the 'wet' kind. A vessel in the retina pops and lifts the retina from the back of the eye, no amount of corrective lenses will help after that.
10-4, Familiar with that, an uncle had it. My brother in law has had torn retina that was fixed with Laser. We stayed a week just to drive them, (his wife had had recent surgery too). Me, my Oncologist had me spend nearly a day getting checked, even took pictures of inside eye. Doc was older than me, said I'd be back in 20-30 years to have a caterac removed, I said I didn't think so (he'll be 90 by then).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts