Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently learned about this product, Mike-Mutes: http://mic-mutes.com/from a member on this site. It looks pretty trick to me. When either the passenger or the driver activates the CB transmit switch momentarily (less than .5 seconds) it turns both intercoms on, and then when activated again, it turns them off.

It does not effect CB function (with a GL 1800, you do you have to have a CB installed or if you have one, it does not have to be on, with a Gl 1500, fits most bikes, but for most you have to have the factory CB option for Mike-Mutes to work). Solves the intercom always on problem.

Price is 120.00, or 135.00 if you don't already have a passenger CB transmit switch installed.

I would be interested to hear opinions about this product from others who have it installed. Or if you havefound some other product that addresses the same problem.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of satisfied Wingers with the Mic-Mutes. I am one. The system just shuts off the microphone when activated. CB operation is as normal. Mic-mutes will shut off all mic. wind noise in the headsets.
The only problem I have had with the system is that when using the CB, sometimes the Mic-Mutes confuses transmit with muting the mike. After transmiting on the CB to other riders..... once in a blue moon... the mike will stay on for the intercom. This is not a problem because a tap of the PTT switch turns off the mike's.
The other thing is that I find it better to switch on and off the mic-mutes with the Squelch switch whenever I am also using teh CB radio. This avoides the mike on when not transmitting possibility.
This is an excellent product and without a truely "voice activated system" on the Goldwing, I find the mic-mutes a good investment.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Very satisfied here. Not using it much these days, tho. Too cool/cold, and too many aches. But those mm's are a treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.